Chapter 12

Quite a few weeks have passed since my birthday and Jason has left, the studio felt very lonely now and seemed sluggish without his childish and affection craved energy. He would take off his mask and give me puppy eyes to beg for cuddles and would hug me randomly. He would play with Precious constantly until she was tired (which seemed impossible for a Doberman puppy) and help me bathe her since she hated water. He'd make me read to him until he fell asleep-but the moment I stopped reading he'd wake up and I have to continue until I fell asleep. We never spoke about what happened in the bath, I never brought it up, but it did make him more handsy with me. While I was cooking, cleaning, or writing applications I'd get an ass squeezewhich I didn't mind! I actually liked the attention, made me ignore the fact he was a serial killer which now made me scared that he is gone was he tired of me? Is he planning to come back and kill me? I don't understand.

My phone rang removing me from my potential panic attack, I picked up the unknown number "Hello is this Mireayah Esperanza?" You're white I can tell by the mispronunciation "yes sir, it's Mireya, Mi-day-ya. How can I help you?" "Oh, I am so sorry, I'll do better, but you remember that interview two weeks ago for our clothing shop 'That's my world' by any chance?" "Oh yes, I remember, over Skype" "Congrats, you got the job" "what really?" "Yes, we will email you our accounting information tomorrow morning, you'll earn your first paycheck in two weeks" he then hung up. I screamed and jumped around "yes yes yes!" I screamed again and Precious barked up a storm "I finally got a job! Ahh! After seven failed interviews finally!" She barked and ran around knocking anything that was on a surface "well there goes my celebration" I giggled. I cleaned up after her and took her on an evening spring walk. I loved all the pink and purple trees, the fresh grass, and not to mention the sun is finally back and making everything seem happy again.

April is my lucky month it seems; everything is going right. Maybe I can buy a house in the countryside and maybe buy Precious a few siblings? A ball python would be amazing. I am coming world, Mireya is coming!

***

I taped the last box shut, Precious whined as she held her one toy, I let her have "sorry hun we gotta pack up, you'll love the new house I promise." I smiled and patted her head, I wipe my forehead of sweat, this upcoming summer had me sweating. It was only the first week of June, but it was about 90 already at 8am. There was a knock on the door, and I opened it, "hey Jaquan, hey Sav, hey Amy. What are y'all doing here?" Amy giggled "we wanted to give you a housewarming gift." "Aww thanks" she handed me a bag it was heavy, I took away the tissue paper and saw it was a book. I gave the paper bag to Precious and she thrashed it, I looked at it and felt my face go warm "a k-kama sutra? Really, how will I use this?" Sav wiggled her eyebrows "for that special man in your life." Those two giggled, I felt my face get warmer "oh you imbecile" I laughed. I put it in my bookbag. I did one more check making sure I didn't leave anything, "Jaquan can you grab those two boxes, Amy can you leash Precious and wait for me at the car while I return the keys?" They nod and do as told. I know the boxes were light for Jaquan and Precious loved Amy the most.

I walked out and Sav followed me "wow didn't know you were the matchmaker." "What could that possibly mean?" "Amy's got jungle fever for Jaquan" I stopped walking and stood there "didn't they break up three years ago?" "Yes, but they never dated anyone else since. Maybe they'll finally talk." I nodded and walked into the lobby, I gave the landlady the key and said my goodbyes and gave her a big hug. We walked back to my car and stopped, we saw Amy and Jaquan talking, Amy's face was redder than a tomato. "C'mon Amy get him!" I whispered and Sav nodded. She then grabbed his shoulders and kissed him, he reached around and gave her a good spank. This caused her to let go of the leash and Precious ran towards me, they noticed and looked at us and yanked away quickly. Well, this is awkward now.