Chapter 2

I opened my eyes to bright sunlight and birds chirping into the wind. I sat up and yawned, suddenly groaning at the crick in my neck. "Well fuck me, goddammit this hurt" I stood and walk towards the bathroom, brushed my teeth, washed with this cold ass water and walked into the kitchen section. It was roomy, I washed all the rags just to make sure they were safe to use had to scrub off so many stains on the white countertops, these people were dirty. I opened the fridge to see half of the food I made for the trip was gone, leftover spinach cheese pie? Gone! Meatless zucchini casserole? Gone! My white rice and beans? G-O-N-E! I growled and slammed the fridge door shut I'm going to find them and I will kill them. Those idiots can NOT touch my shit! I ran out of the cabin towards the main ones, Alex and Jaquan were preparing to fish.

I never ran so fast I hopped up onto the picnic table and grabbed Alex by the collar "which one of you idiots stole my food!" I growled; Alex's eyes widened with fear "I-I didn't touch them. I hate that vegetarian shit." I shoved him away and I huffed and screamed: "who stole my food!" Jaquan grabbed my shoulders and shook me "calm the fuck down we did not touch your food," "get your hands off of me!" I slapped his hands from me. Savannah came running up towards us in her lavender pajama shorts and matching tank top, her face was filled with worry. She looked at my shaking hands and angered face even though it wasn't much different than my normal one.

"Mireya what's wrong? Why are you screaming?" She walked onto the picnic table and looked me in the eye. "Someone stole half of my food," she tilted her head giving me a strange look, "someone stole some of my food as well." She looked over at the boys, they shook their head viciously "we didn't we swear" they stated in unison. "That's very weird, my doors and windows were locked and everything" I started to shake again, "hey don't worry it was probably an animal with hands like a raccoon or opossum" she stammered trying to calm me down.

Alex started to chuckle "it's the infamous Jason Voorhees ooooo" he laughed, and I begin to calm down. Jaquan scratched the back of his neck "it was just some food Miry, that was very dramatic for you." I sighed "it's not that, it's that someone went into my space without my consent or awareness. That's why I slapped your hands away." He looked worried, "does it have to do with you being burned?" I nodded and hopped off walking away. Savannah fussed at them for pushing me, I stalked to my cabin and went to get a breakfast item. I grabbed a granola bar and some apple slices; I sigh and munch down on it what am I going to eat for half the week? Well, I can explore and see if there is any edible food here, maybe I can find some tomatoes, maybe some sweet corn, actually bell peppers or peaches sounds good too.

That's when I heard it, a creek from the ceiling. I didn't see an attic hatch anywhere so no one could possibly be there, I shivered before calming down "probably an animal or the cabin settling..." I pulled out my phone and checked my social media, but it quickly became boring seeing the same dog memes being reposted onto different accounts. Not to mention it took forever for the picture to load. I stood from my seat and put on some combat boots and grabbed a red deep-sea fishing line I stepped outside and tied it to the railing making sure it won't unravel. I started to walk into the woods, the only sounds I could hear was the fishing line unravel, my boots crunching on sticks, and birds chirping. I kept walking straight enjoying the sight of lush nature it was not long before I tripped over something. I looked back and saw that my foot was looped in a bent over stem. I examined the plant seeing it was a patch of tomato plants that were all slumped over by the weight of their tomatoes "jackpot" I giggled.

I then realized I have no way of carrying them back to my cabin, but I don't want to lose this spot either. An idea popped into my head I stripped off my shirt and then unclipped my bra "unconventional but gotta be innovative" I giggled to myself. When my bra fell to the ground I winced and held my left boob, "ok never wearing a bra to bed again." I rubbed my boob a little more before slipping my shirt back on. I picked every tomato I could see and put it in the deep full cups of my bra. When I couldn't fit anymore, I held the straps and starting ringing in the fishline following my way back. I smiled at the cabin and untied the line walking into the kitchen to wash off the tomatoes, I inspected them for any concerning factors before putting them in the fridge.

I froze once I saw it, my zucchini casserole was back, but had an obvious bite mark in it. I shut the door and leaned back on the cold surface wait did I just not see it earlier? But wait what took a bite then? I gulped before forcing a laugh "haha you guys real funny" I was met with silence maybe I am going insane, I think this is a good call for a nap. I headed to my room and locked the door closing the curtains over my window to darken my room. I laid in my bed shaking like I was hypothermic; I took deep breaths that lead to the world around me fading.

As days passed by of hiking and doing other outdoorsy activities, I noticed that underwear and my other belongings like doodles on random papers and poetry I made while hiking were missing. I sighed "I am either extremely disorganized or someone is stealing my shit" I growled folding the last of my clothes and shoving them into my suitcase. I walked to Jaquan's car and shoved them in the trunk, I was the last one to pack since I spent most of my time looking for my shit. The boys were relaxing laying on the ground near the lake. "Hey Mireya, wanna go skinny dipping with me?" My head snapped towards Savannah, I felt my cheeks get warm, "uh Sav-" "oh come on it is on your bucket list, here you won't get arrested if we are caught. We get to beat up the boys if they peep." I giggled and nodded, "fine lead the way."

We walked to the opposite side of the crystal lake that was semi-covered in a fallen tree, we wanted to make sure the boys didn't get any ideas. I slipped off my jean shorts and graphic t-shirt, I loved the wolf howling to the moon art on it and I am very glad I didn't lose it. Then came off my bra and panties before it hit me again, something was watching me "um Sav, I think we are being watched." She brushed me off quickly as she slipped off her Sacramento green sundress and black panties "it's probably the deer or foxes. Don't worry too much, let's get in" she ran into the water with a large splash and giggle. I smiled at her enthusiasm and walked in myself, the water was cold as expected but when I went into the unshaded parts it was very warm.

"Why go to a Korean spa when we can do this" I nodded in agreement. I sunk into the water and looked around, there were beautiful water plants and fish swimming avoiding us. There were so many big beautiful smooth rocks I couldn't resist picking one up. It was heavy and when I surfaced, I was about to show Savannah when I saw she was white as snow, she looked towards the forest. "Hey sav what's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost-" "shh there is someone in the forest!" "Wait what are you talking about" I whispered as we crouched into the water attempting to hide "I saw a head move behind that tree," "it may be the Alex or Jaquan" "Mireya, Alex and Jaquan are shorter than 6'11." I gripped the rock in my hand tighter, the moment I saw movement I was throwing it. Then I heard it, a rustle and then a bush moved.

It felt like I pulled a muscle but I lunged that rock into the bush and heard it connect to someone, he groaned. "Quick now's our chance" Savannah grabbed my hand and yanked us out of the water, we grabbed our clothes and ran barefoot back to the camp screaming. We saw Alex and Jaquan up and ready "what's wrong why are you naked?" Jaquan shouted, "go start the fucking car!" I yelled back as we ran to the car. Jaquan jumped in and started it "what happened?" "There was a man in the woods!" We screamed; Alex looked shocked as we drove off "wait the rumors were true!" Alex tried to calm us down as we left the woods and went to the only person who would believe us, Amy.

When we arrived and got dressed Savannah did most of the talking while Amy nodded and sipped her tea, "yeah that sounds like Jason, he is always noted as being very large" Alex held back a giggle. Amy sneered and threw a pillow at his face, "now let's hope he doesn't hunt you down since you now know of his existence. Anyone who goes to the camp and stumbles upon him usually ends by his hands." We looked at each other and gulped, but it did raise a question. "If Jason was 11 when he drowned, then how would he be a grown adult now? Surely it must be a different person, and why were no murders reported and the camp condemned?" They all stared at me, Amy shrugged "maybe you can look into that on your own time. For now, it's best not to share what happened at the camp to anyone, we don't want mass hysteria and several stupid teenagers going to the camp and getting themselves killed. Might make a new social media challenge out of it." We nodded in agreement.

Jaquan was driving us home in a dead silent car, no music, no phone notifications (which is weird since we were in an internet location), and no talking. Alex was the first to speak "maybe it was some homeless creep. We should have nothing to worry about, Jason can't possibly be real." I nodded he can't, right?