Chapter 31: Peace and Love

["Life and death and love and birth and peace and war on the planet Earth~" -Steven Universe]

-------------
[Hazel]

Hazel noticed that Kayla was missing even though Will said she was going back to school. She looked around the cafeteria to try and find her friend and noticed she was with Chiara and Damien. "Piper, I didn't know Kayla was friends with Damien."

"She told me that Damien is how she found out about...that...Damien's brother was her soulmate."

Hazel put her head on her hand. "Oh, she didn't tell me that."

Piper pat Hazel's shoulder. "She said she was going to tell you but she already had a hard time telling me. Plus I kept bugging her about it."

"I'm not hurt or anything, I just didn't know." She felt a hand on her other shoulder and turned to see Frank smiling supportively at her.

Her boyfriend gave her a side hug. "I can't believe how amazing you are. I know I'd be upset if I wasn't trusted with that information by a close friend."

Hazel grinned. "I'm just glad she was able to talk about it to someone, and if you're gonna talk about love and soulmates then of course you'd go to Piper." She looked back at Piper and smiled. "Maybe we should join them, we won't say a word about Damien's brother."

"Is that okay Jason? Frank? We want to spend time with her."

Jason laughed. "Of course that's fine, she needs her friends right now. Just don't let Damien murder anyone."

Leo groaned. "He's that dude who punched me for no reason right? Didn't he get back in line?"

Calypso chuckled at her boyfriend. "Yeah, that's him. I have history with him. That girl Chiara is in that class too, they are always bickering. I swear they are in love."

Piper and Hazel smirked and looked at each other. "Matchmaker time?"

"Heck yeah! See you guys later." Piper kissed Jason on the cheek before grabbing Hazel and dragging her over to the table where Kayla was sitting with Chiara and Damien. Hazel blew a kiss to Frank as she was dragged off.

Kayla smiled at her friends and gestured for them to sit down. "Hey guys, you know Chiara already but do you know Damien?"

Hazel and Piper both nodded. "Yeah, I've heard of him." Hazel held her hand out for Damien to shake, he awkwardly shook her hand. "I'm Hazel, nice to meet you."

Piper smiled and held out her hand as well. "I'm Piper, I sit behind you in French."

"You take French?" Chiara raised an eyebrow at Damien.

Damien looked nervous. "Uh yeah?"

"Oh but you couldn't learn Italian in middle school when my mom begged you to." She glared at Damien.

"I- my mom forced me to take French. She said 'it would annoy Tyche and her adorable daughter' so I did, my mom can get scary." He shrugged.

Chiara continued to glare. "Uh huh, sure."

Damien put his hands up. "What do want from me!?"

Piper, Hazel, and Kayla just smirked at each other as the pair argued. Kayla leaned over and whispered. "They're soulmates, they just found out and their names appeared by each others tattoos and for a good few minutes they just stared at each other like deer in headlights." The green haired girl giggled as she told them the story.

Piper held back a squeal. "So cute."

"Anyways Piper, Hazel. Kayla and I are gonna hang out at my place after school. Damien and his parents are coming over for dinner but we'll have a good few hours for ourselves. Wanna come?" Chiara rested her head on her hand as she talked to the two.

Hazel nodded. "Sounds fun! I'll ask my dad." Hazel pulled out her phone and texted her dad.

Piper smiled. "Sure, I don't need permission cuz my dad has work."

"Sweet. Mom will be happy to see you guys. It's been a while since our last study date." She winked at the trio before laughing. "No homo though."

Kayla giggled. "Yeah I can tell." She looked at Damien and smirked. This caused the pair to blush and the trio of girls to laugh.

Hazel was happy that Kayla seemed to be doing better. She just wanted her friend to be happy.

-------------
[Thalia]

"I hope Kayla is okay, she is laughing and talking but I can't tell if it's real or not."

Annabeth looked over at the table where Kayla was sitting. "It's genuine, but she looks tired. Will, don't be overbearing but make sure she gets some sleep."

Will nodded. "I'm just glad she is at school. She's strong though so I knew she'd be able to pick herself up."

Thalia crossed her arms. "Of course, I just don't want her to be sad. This whole soulmate system is bogus! First they screw over my dad, then Reyna, now Kayla? Who controls this system, I'll punch them."

"Easy there miss pine tree, Reyna and your dad are okay with their situations." Jason tried to calm down his sister.

"Seriously? I'm not upset about dad, I'm upset that he has a bunch of soulmates and those people are always the ones to leave with a broken heart. As for Reyna, Jason you have no room to talk." She glared at her brother.

Reyna made a weird motion on her neck, signaling for Thalia to shut her mouth. "What Reyna? Didn't you tell him-?"

"Tell me what?"

Thalia looked between Reyna and her brother. "Uh nothing, nevermind."

Percy raised an eyebrow. "What? What's going on?"

Thalia looked at Reyna with widened eyes. "You didn't tell him either!? What the heck Reyna!"

"Shut uppppp. They are too dumb to understand anyways."

"Hey!"

Reyna and Thalia glared at the two boys. "Hush children." Thalia said.

Reyna nodded. "The adults are speaking."

Jason groaned. "You aren't even adults! We're all teenagers."

Percy covered Jason's mouth. "Sssshhhh. Haven't you learned? Do not talk back to Reyna and Thalia. They will actually murder you. Remember what happened last year?"

Annabeth looked up from her book. "What happened last year?"

Percy shook his head and shivered, Thakia grinned as she watched her cousin squirm. "You do not want to know." He finally spoke. "I don't wanna go through that again."

Thalia laughed, it was nice that everything seemed to be going back to normal. They had all gone through a lot of drama recently and she was glad that it all seemed to be sorting itself out. She didn't like it when her friends suffered, it wasn't fair to them. They were all amazing people who didn't deserve what they'd gone through in their lives.

-Sky