Chapter 14: Back To School

-------------

[Percy]

Percy was pretty worried about his cousin but Hazel assured him that Nico would be okay and that he just had a cold. He wanted to check on him but he knew Nico was in good hands. He tapped his foot as he stood at the school entrance waiting for Annabeth and his friends.

"Hey seaweed brain." He heard from behind him. He turned around and saw his girlfriend standing behind him, her princess curls being swayed by the wind.

"Sup wise girl, are you the only one here today?"

"No, Hazel is bringing Katie and Piper today so I just walked. Those two slept over at the di Angelo's place."

Percy nodded as he listened, only to have a hand grab his shoulder, causing him to jump and scream. He turned around and pouted as Jason and Thalia laughed at his reaction. "You should see your face!" Thalia said through her laughs.

"Yea yea, laugh it up pinecone face." Percy crossed his arms and turned back to Annabeth who was laughing as well. "Not you too!"

"It was quite funny." Was all Annabeth said in response before pointing at the trio walking up to them. Katie, Piper, and Hazel. Someone was behind the three but they seemed to be hiding.

Hazel smiled and waved before running up to them. "Hey guys! Have you seen Will? He left his notes at my place last night." She held up a notebook with Will's name on it to prove her point.

Jason hugged Piper before responding to Hazel. "Not yet, I think he's stuck driving Austin and Kayla to school."

"Who's Austin and Kayla?" The person behind Hazel asked. Percy instantly realized who it was.

"NEEKS, you're not dead!" He hugged his tiny Italian cousin.

Nico coughed. "Can't...breathe..."

Percy released Nico. "Sorry bro. I'm just happy that you're okay."

"It was a cold, I wasn't dying. Anyways, back to my question. Who the heck are Austin and Kayla?"

Percy seemed to remember that Nico had asked a question. "Oh, they're Will's siblings. They usually hang out with the Stoll brothers. Those four are always pranking Will, poor guy."

"Oh."

-------------

[Katie]

Percy smirked."Nicooo, were you perhaps, jealous?" Jason and Thalia made 'oooooh' noises to add affect. Hazel, Piper, and Katie giggled while Annabeth just rolled her eyes.

"Katie, I will use all the dirt I have on you if you continue to torment me about this."

"Sorry Nico, please don't expose me. I thought we were friends!"

"All's fair involve and war dear Katie." Katie squealed and jumped, nearly falling.

"Travis I swear to the Greek Goddess Hecate that I will turn you into a pumpkin if you do that again."

Travis just laughed at her as the gang who were at Hazel and Nico's house the day before watched intently. Katie glared at the trio before smirking. "Hey guys!" She gestured for them to turn around.

Will, Kayla, and Austin were walking to the group, the large crowd got stares from the other students, probably because they didn't know all the popular groups hung out together. Drew watched like a hawk, glaring at Nico. Katie glared back since Nico was too busy hiding from Will.

Will walked over after saying bye to his younger siblings. "Hey guys, Hazel, is Nico feeling any better?"

"Yep! He actually is fully recovered." Hazel was holding onto Nico's shirt so he couldn't run away. Katie pulled Nico out from behind his sister and forced him to wave.

"Hi..." Was all Nico could say before Drew walked over and latched herself onto Will's arm.

Katie glared at the unwanted guest but Drew started talking anyways, ignoring the glares sent her way. "Heeeey Will. I hope you didn't stay at that lame party after Nico kicked me out, literally. It really hurt!"

Katie was going to say something before Nico suddenly gained the ability to talk. "You think you're in pain? Try limping due to the fact that a slut impaled your foot with her stupid heels."

Drew gasped and held onto Will tighter. "See Will? He's so mean!"

Nico glared at Drew before walking away. Katie noted that he was slightly limping despite him trying to hide it.

Katie led the others and they all followed Nico. That left Drew all alone with her anger and jealousy. Katie hoped that Drew wouldn't do anything super crazy to get Will to date her.

-Sky