Chapter 20: Love and Artemis

-------------
[Calypso]

Calypso didn't know how to react when she saw Leo. Her mind immediately went to what happened on Friday and her face turned bright pink. Though before she could think she grabbed Leo's arm and dragged him away. Her face continued to turn a darker shade of red as she walked off with Leo.

Leo eventually stopped struggling and allowed himself to get dragged away by Calypso, he figured that she wanted to talk about what happened. Calypso released him when they got to their lockers. "I uh...I don't really know why I dragged you here."

He gestured to where his heart tattoo was. "Maybe it has something to do with the fact that your name is now tattooed on me? And the fact that we are idiots who knew each other for years and still couldn't figure out something so obvious?"

"Haha, very funny. I'm dying of laughter." She was stone faced, though on the inside she was freaking out. She couldn't possibly tell her parents about her soulmate. Her father didn't even want her to date until she was 20! She pulled at her hair. "Ugh what am I gonna do?! My soulmate happens to be you but my father won't approve of any relationship until I'm an adult!"

"Wait so you'd date me if you were allowed to?" He raised an eyebrow and smirked.

She playfully punched his arm. "We were literally made for each other and you question me liking you back? Maybe we could just keep it away from our parents? Your dad could know if you want but he needs to promise to keep it a secret, it'd be good to have him on our side anyways."

Leo grinned and hugged her, picking her up off the ground a bit. "I'm totally fine with keeping it a secret from your parents, that just makes it more exciting. You have no idea how happy I am right now." He squeezed her tighter.

Calypso giggled and hugged him back, using one hand to brush through his unruly hair. "Your hair is surprisingly soft."

"Not as soft as yours, though Piper still has you beat in that field. Her hair is like touching a cloud." Leo set down his now girlfriend.

"I know right!? Honestly I need to know what she uses to get it that soft and smooth."

Leo chuckled and set her down. "You don't need to change a thing, Piper's hair is probably all natural anyways. You know how she is about makeup and stuff."

"Aw that's sweet, but I still need to know her secrets." She still had her arms wrapped around him even after he put her down. She soon realized how close they were and backed away, laughing awkwardly. "We should probably head back to the group now..."

"Oh, uh right!" He took her hand and dragged her back to the cafeteria. They sat down at the table, hands intertwined. Piper was the first to notice.

"OH MY GODS SINCE WHEN WERE YOU TWO DATING!?"

That caught everyone's attention, causing Calypso to sink into her seat. She looked at Leo, hoping he'd take over and talk so that she wouldn't have to. Her prayers were answered as the hyper boy began talking about what happened on Friday, leaving out certain personal details.

Percy and Jason listened closely while Annabeth and Thalia had a tic tac toe tournament. Piper was also listening intently to the love story. Frank and Hazel were too busy interrogating Nico and Will to even notice the new couple. Nico and Will were also questioning Frank and Hazel about their date.

Reyna looked around at her friends and sighed. "These poor poor children, bound by the chains of love. So tragic."

"Tell me about it." A voice said behind her.

She turned around and smiled. "Artemis! It's nice to see you!" Thalia and Jason jumped when hearing their friend's name.

"Artemis why are you here?" Thalia ran over and hugged her much older 'sister'. Artemis took Thalia under her wing after Zeus introduced them, she even taught her how to use a bow.

"Actually I am getting a tour of the school as I will begin teaching here next week." She gestured to the principal who was standing behind her.

"Sweet! Artemis is gonna be our teacher! Wait don't tell me Apollo is gonna teach here too-" That name made Will look over.

"Wait who-? Apollo?" He looked away from Nico for once and finally registered that Artemis was there. "Aunt Artemis?!"

Jason and Thalia looked confused at Will's statement. "Aunt?"

Artemis laughed at the shock on their faces. "Will did you really not tell them your father's name? Are you ashamed to be my nephew?" She pretended to be offended.

"No! I'm ashamed to be his son! You're like my only good relative." Will dragged Nico over to say hi, Nico dragged Hazel who dragged Frank along as well.

"Hello again Nico, when I saw you last you were still in a closet. Physical and metaphorical." She laughed at her own joke.

Nico rolled his eyes. "You're so hilarious, you should become a comedian."

Hazel elbowed her brother. "Sorry about him, it's so nice to see you again! It's nice to be able to remember your face, I was like six when you last saw me."

"Sorry but you know how it is, my job requires much travelling. I'm just glad I'll get to stay in one place at least for a little while. I'll be staying with my brother and his children. Sorry I didn't warn you before coming Will, Apollo offered up your room and I knew it had the biggest bed so I couldn't refuse."

Will gasped. "Not my room! Where am I gonna sleep? My poor stuffed animals will have to live in the closet for a year!"

"Much like you did." Artemis said with a chuckle.

Nico laughed at that. "You were a closet case?"

"You were too!" Will pouted. "I was scared my dad would disown me or something but then he brought home this random dude and was like 'hey kids this is my boyfriend.'"

"Oh my gods he did?!" Hazel burst out in giggles.

"That's not even the worst part. After he said that I immediately yelled 'I like boys too!' I think I hid under my bed for a solid two days after that." Nico and Hazel couldn't stop laughing.

Percy clapped his hands to get everyone's attention. "Wait wait hold up. Rewind a bit. Artemis is Will's aunt, she only has one brother, famous singer and actor Apollo. So if Will is Artemis' nephew then that means his dad is rich and famous and we all just so happen to know him and make jokes about him. Did I get it all right?"

Will nodded. "Yep, you got it. My dad is also in a poetry phase. Right now he writes haikus, don't ask him to recite any. He sucks at poetry."

Nico nodded. "Yeah I met him on Sunday when I snuck out to go to Will's house to kick his butt at video games. Apollo and I just stared at each other for a solid minute before cracking up. Then he had his current girlfriend make us cookies, she's a good cook." He then sighed. "He then forced us to listen to his stupid haikus, it was torture."

Artemis laughed. "That sounds like my brother all right. I'm just glad I'm the older one, imagine him having to be the smart one."

Percy laughed even though he was still extremely confused, he hoped he could laugh his way out of the conversation before his brain exploded. Annabeth couldn't help but laugh at her soulmate.

It was a good day for our lovestruck teens, though a certain girl had plans to ruin that happy atmosphere once and for all.

-Sky