15.0

Jay || last day of camp

Today was the last day of camp and I was actually kind of sad to leave. To my surprise no one came banging on my door early in the morning. I took the longest shower possible. When I was brushing my teeth I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and it was coach G.

"Hey where casual clothes and meet us in the gym" he said. I was so glad we weren't working out today. I got dressed in this.

I walked to the gym alone

I walked to the gym alone. I went inside and sat with the others. "Ok y'all have been working so hard so we decided to let y'all have some fun" he led us onto the bus. Despite not waking up early I was still tired. I scrolled through Instagram until I eventually closed my eyes.

♤ ¤ ♤ ¤ ♤

"Wake up wake up " I felt my shoulders being shook. I look up and dre is above me. I slowly get up and stretch. I look out the window and find that we were at a carnival. I squealed and ran off the bus. Coach gave us our passes and we went off in different directions. I pulled Paige onto the Ferris wheel and we took pictures at the top.

When we got down Dior challenged me to a shoot off and ofc ya girl won. This camp has really have me a break from all the regular stuff I deal with at home. We all sat down to eat. I slid out of the picnic table to throw the remains of my turkey leg away.

"Y'all ready to home?" Allen asked. I shook my head "I do not want to go back to California weather" I exclamied. Dior nodded his head "bro it's too hot out there" he said throwing his head back. "I mean you can't complain until you go to New Orleans" I said "and houston" the twins added. "Preach" I yelled and they all bust out laughing.

"So when does everybody leave?" I asked throwing my straw paper into dre's cup. "I leave at 5 so I gotta be at the airport at 4" Dior said. "Same" I told him since we both live in Cali. "We leave at 3" the twins said. "We leave at 3 also" Dre and Allen said. "And I leave right after this" Paige said. Diana left this morning because she had family issues. I'm really gonna miss these people. It's crazy how close we've got in the span of 3 days.

"But I don't wanna go" I whined. Paige poked her bottom lip out and patted my head. We both laughed. I felt a tug on my jeans and there was this little girl. "Hi" I coo'd sitting her onto of the table. She looked around at everyone and waved. "Were are your parent's?" Paige asked, the little girl shrugged. She was only about 5 or 6. "Jazz" I heard a familiar voice call behind me.

Hands were wrapped around the little girl and picked up. "You don't run off like that you hear me?" The lady exclaimed. "Ik but I just wanted a picture with jay" huh? She wanted a picture with me. I finally looked up at the woman and wow it was my so called mother with a whole new daughter. I stared at her face for a while how could she even do this. I took a picture with the girl and then she ran off.

◇ ■ ◇ ■ ◇

"You ready to go home?" Dior asked. I just shrugged, I really needed to talk to someone but I knew I couldn't call bronny or my dad because bronny had a training and my dad was at practice. I've really been spacing out ever since I saw my mother.

"Hey you alright you've been spacing out since the carnival?" Dior asked, I knew he didn't want to hear my problems so I just said yeah. He gave me a look telling me that he didn't believe me. I took a deep breath looking down at my hamds.

"That lady at the carnival was my mom, she left me and my dad when I was 1. About 2 months ago I come home from hanging out with bronny and she's in my kitchen." I looked up he nodded telling me to go on. "She tried to be nice to me but I wasn't having it, then she starting yelling about how she didn't want me and tried to hit me" I explained.

He didn't say anything for a while. "I understand my mom did the same thing" I looked up surprised. "at first you think it's your fault but it's not it's their loss" he said. He was right, bronny and my dad were right it's not my fault she didn't want to be a parent. "Thanks" I put my hand on his shoulder.

° • ° • ° •

"Bye D I'll tell bronny you said wassup" I told him leaving the airport. "Dad" I yelled running towards him. I jumped into his arms and he spinned me around. "I missed my munchkin" he patted my head as we got in the car. "I'm not that small" I pouted and he laughed.
......

"Well I'm going to sleep" my dad said. I told him all about my trip for the past 30 minutes. I was tired as well but I wasn't gonna go to sleep. Here I was standing outside of bronny's window throwing pebbles at it. He finally stuck his head out and rubbed his eyes. I could tell I woke him up from a nap.

"Jayy come on up" he said smiling. I climbed up and went through. I met him in the front of the bed and hugged him. I missed everything about him from his smell to his smile. "I missed you" he said swaying us side to side. "I missed you too" I said laying down.

"Did you meet anybody?" He asked. He sounded like a father asking about a child's day at school. "Yeah I met Paige bueckers and your friend Dior" I told him. "Yeah he told me y'all were going off 5v5" he said. "It felt so good to be there I can't even describe it." I said mesmerized.

We finished telling eachother what we did over the break and I fell asleep in his arms.

Author's note
who got a week extended to spring break? Meeee

I'm working on 3 new books. 1 about Devin booker, Brandon Boston, and Mikey williams. Would y'all be interested in reading those?