Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tɯҽɳƚყ Sҽʋҽɳ

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tɯҽɳƚყ Sҽʋҽɳ: Trixie Trouble

Kayla couldn't help the yawn that left her lips as she walked up to Jim, and Toby

Kayla couldn't help the yawn that left her lips as she walked up to Jim, and Toby. She knew that there were dark shadows under her eyes from lack of sleep, but she couldn't help it.

She had been up all night before fretting over what she might've done while she had blacked-out. It bugged her to no end that she might've- probably had said or done some things to piss quite a few people off.

But, hey, at least the sneeze was gone.

"Morning, Sunshine," Toby grinned at her, attempting to hide his wince at her appearance, "How we feeling today? Even more pissed off?"

Kayla raised an eyebrow at him, then yawned again, "A. Don't call me that," Toby only looked amused, "B. I am tired. I feel like merde, and I'm hoping that nothing bad happens today so I can apologize to those I pissed off avant-hier."

Jim and Toby looked at each other nervously.

Kayla sighed, "Who did I piss off avant-hier?" She asked them.

"Erm, I don't know how to say this…" Jim trailed off.

“Everyone, basically,” Toby supplied, ever so helpful.

Kayla groaned as she shoved her face into her hands, “Merde.”

“Look on the bright side,” Toby shrugged, “You told Strickler that Jim’s mom still loves him.”

“Really?” Kayla winced, glancing at Jim for a moment before ducking her eyes back down at her feet, “Dieu, je suis désolé, Jim.”

“Hey, relax,” Jim told her, his hand going on her shoulder a moment later, she looked up to see him giving her a smile - and Toby looking terrified for his friend in the background - he sighed, “What’s done is done, besides, someone was going to have to tell Strickler at some point. Mom’s getting too suspicious.”

Kayla gave him a short nod, before her thoughts fell on what happened yesterday, “Hey, about yesterday- do you-?”

Her question was cut off but Jim’s face literally glowing as he caught sight of his girlfriend, “Claire, you’re back!”

Kayla immediately stood up straighter, her eyes narrowing on the other girl’s disheveled appearance. There was something different about Claire, she realized, nine days since she had last seen the girl, and Claire looked horrible. 

“Feeling better?” Kayla could easily tell that Jim’s question had made the girl uncomfortable, and she wondered how Jim was so obvious to it.

“We gotta talk-” Claire’s eyes widened when she realized Kayla was there, “Kayla?!”

“Surprise, I’m alive,” Kayla rolled her eyes as sarcasm flowed off her tongue like second-nature, “You know, almost getting killed, being infected with Grave Sand, the mess that was yesterday, and being harassed by vous trois.