Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tɯσ

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Tɯσ: A Little History

After a small snap of furious anger from the girl, that lead to Jim finding out that the girl's amulet wasn't just a decoration, but a tool that worked similar to his own amulet

Kayla had almost caused the entire cave to come falling on them, until her amulet had forced her body to still, it had been slightly amusing to Jim to see Kayla stuck in place, her face furious as she let out a string of curses in French.

Her armour had disappeared in a flash and Kayla snarled something at the amulet to which it glowed brightly. The last Di Angelo seemed to listen to something before sighing, and letting her anger flood away as she turned to him, "Alright, how do you plan on getting out of this place?"

Jim shrugged awkwardly.

"You mean to tell me, you didn't come into the Darklands with a plan on getting out?!" Kayla snapped. Jim backed away nervously from the girl, but it turned out he needn't had done so, as another glow from the girl's amulet had her calming down again.

"Je suis désolé," Kayla told him, bowing her head slightly.

"Uh," Jim still looked nervous, but ended up moving - carefully - closer to her, "Okay?"

Kayla scowled at the floor before speaking again, "I have an issue with anger," she said simply, "I have to consistently keep working on it. Je suis désolé."

Jim was actually uncomfortable, "It's fine," he told her.

Kayla glanced at her heirloom which glowed slightly, before she glanced at Jim. "So, why are you in the Darklands?"

"Um, it's kinda a long story..." Jim trailed off.

"Apparently we've got time," Kayla pointed out, "Afterall, we don't exactly have an escape plan."

Jim sighed, "Well, it started when I got this damned amulet-"

"Okay, that's a long story," Kayla admitted, shortly after the Trollhunter finished his tale.

"I did warn you," Jim chuckled.

"So, I'm assuming you haven't been to the Gumm-Gumm caves yet, have you?" Kayla asked him, her finger tracing the small mini-map he had drawn in the dirt where she knew the Gumm-Gumm's "castle" lay.

One of her ancestors had gone through Killahead Bridge to explore the unknown, with the help of the Trollhunter, Voltar the Voracious. Her ancestor and the Trollhunter had believed that they could give themselves an edge in the fight against Bular.

"How-"

"You're probably wanting to go here-" Kayla pointed at another section of the map, where she knew the familiars of the Changelings would be, "-that's where the children are."