Cԋαρƚҽɾ Sιx

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Sιx: Rescue Team? I think not.

Kayla was slammed out of her head by the sound of the crystal shards that made the "bars" of their cells opening

"Hey!" Kayla shouted, racing to the front of her cell, they had come for Jim, "Laisse-le tranquille!"

"Chut, enfant," Dictatious sneered at her as he walked past. Jim was being tugged along by a pair of Gumm-Gumm soldiers.

"Kayla!" The Trollhunter almost looked relieved to see that she was okay, and that made Kayla more than surprised.

But not surprised enough to stop her from attempting to lunge out, attempting to grab him, "Jim!"

Their hands almost touched- and the Trollhunter was yanked away from the cells.

"It'll be alright!" Jim tried to reassure her as he was pulled away.

Kayla's hand slowly withdrew back into her cell, "Non," she shook her head, "It- Jim!"

She couldn't get another word in before he vanished from her sight. In an act of pure frustration, a golden knife appeared in her hand and she lunged at the crystal bars, only to be sent flying back.

She let out a groan as her back hit the wall. The knife having disappeared when she was thrown back.

"Merde," Kayla cursed, struggling to sit up. The Darklands had been effecting her more than she thought.

A chuckle from another cell made Kayla glare at nothing, "Si vous avez quelque chose à dire, dites-le!"

"Puny human," the person(?) snarled, "I'm unable to understand that language you speak."

"Changeur de truc," Kayla snarled out, realizing what the creature was, "Vous ne méritez pas, Changeling!"

The Changeling sighed, "Insult me all you like, I can't understand a single word."

Kayla bit her tounge to stop herself from snapping at the Changeling, "Why are you ici?"

The Changeling chuckled drily, "A similar reason to you, I assume, supremum angelum."

"So you don't understand a lick of French, but you know Latin," Kayla rolled her eyes, "Fantastique."

"I know some French," the female - because the Changeling was obviously female by the way her voice was pitched - Changeling defended herself, "I just happen to know Latin better."