Cԋαρƚҽɾ Oɳҽ

Cԋαρƚҽɾ Oɳҽ: The Girl with the Golden Amulet

Jim Lake Jr. was lost.

He really didn't want to admit it, not even to himself, but he knew that no matter what he tried to tell himself...

He was lost in the Darklands.

And it had been a total accident! He had just managed to scavenge a couple of eggs from a Nyalagroths before it had reappeared behind him and started attacking him. Jim had had barely enough time to get out of the way, ducking onto a path had most certainly hadn't been there before, to escape the Nyalagroth's jaws.

It wasn't until he started climbing up towards the ceiling of the Darklands did he take note of where he had ended up.

"Where am I?" Jim muttered under his breath, blue eyes darting around nervously.

As if his words had summoned it, suddenly a ball of pure gold light appeared in front of Jim. Making the boy hiss as his hand covered his eyes instantly.

The golden orb didn't move as it waited for Jim to finally lower his hand, "What are you?" Jim blinked at it.

Jim reached out to touch it, but it darted out of his reach before he could. He could've sworn that the golden orb was laughing at him.

Jim frowned, "Seriously?"

The orb flashed pink for a moment before going back to gold and zooming off.

It only took Jim a moment to understand what the orb wanted; for him to follow it.

And so he did.

At least twenty minutes later, the Trollhunter finally caught up with the golden orb that kept flashing brighter at times to alert him to where it was.

After finally catching his breath, he looked at the orb, "Why did you-"

He was interrupted by the sight of the orb flashed at him once more before it then went speeding into an amulet that looked exactly like his.

"What the heck?" Jim gaped as he finally noticed the floating body in mid-air. The girl was sleeping in what looked to be a protective bubble, but she looked like she was having a nightmare from the way her face was twisted and crying.

Jim stood up, he wasn't even able to reach her from where he stood on the ground.

Turned out, he didn't need to. His amulet flashed a bright light and the girl's amulet responded with a golden flash as well. A moment later and the bubble surrounding the girl popped.

Jim gaped and instantly moved to catch her, even as a golden light engulfed her entire body, leaving her to appear in tights underneath a grey mid-length dress. The golden amulet in the girl's tight grasp.

The girl murmured in her sleep, unconsciously shifting closer to Jim's warm body, making the Trollhunter blush.

Jim opened his mouth, about to speak when the girl's eyes shot open. Green met blue before the owner of the green shoved the owner of the blue away from her, the girl falling to the floor as the boy did.