22. But my birthday's this weekend.

Hey, guys! In one of the iconic Smosh sketches: WHAZAAAAAAAP!

Our finals are on Friday and Saturday, so definitely no updates starting Thursday evening until Saturday afternoon. Wish me luck!

Anyway, Jade's point of view. See yaaa!

-/-/-

So close. To resigning.

Today's a Saturday, and I'm supposed to take a day off, but I'm called in by my boss because it's her last weekend here. Now normally, I wouldn't object to being called to work, but my birthday's tomorrow. This weekend was supposed to be mine and Damien's, but unfortunately, my boss just wouldn't let me go.

From: Boyfriend Picked by Destiny
Hey, how's work? Looking forward to tomorrow's event?

I decide to call him. Since Nancy's decided to end her career by ending mine with so much work, Damien and I barely meet at the same hours. When we talk, he seems to avoid talking about work and just asks if tomorrow's event would push through. When he picks up, I feel a rush of relief. "Hello?"

"I miss you," I tell him. "I'm excited for tomorrow. New York's gonna be a blast! Hamilton's waiting for us."

"New York, yeah...," he mumbles. "Hey, uh, when you come home, can we talk about something? What time can you come home?"

"I'll try to leave before the evening broadcast," I answer. "You okay? Missing me too much?"

"Always," he says. "Come home, okay? I love you, baby."

"Love you too," I tell him before making a kiss sound. "See you tonight."

When I finish the heap of work at my desk, I take my bag and coat before walking towards Nancy's office. I knock on her door and she tells me to go inside and take a seat. "Hey," she greets me. "Last day of working with the BPD today."

"Yeah, it's been an honor working with you, Nancy," I tell her. "And for the last time ever since you offered that promotion to me, I'm not taking it."

"It stands until you get a new boss," she replies. "You will have a bit more time to decide. But until then, it's been good working with you, Jade. I'll see you around?"

"Maybe over a cup of coffee someday," I say, standing up and embracing her. "Thanks, Nancy. For everything."

I leave the office, but a part of me felt sad that I wasn't gonna see her when I come back on Tuesday. It quite sucked, because she had been my boss since I started working at Athens, and basically this is a new era. I take the company car home, wondering who my new boss would be and also thinking of new ideas for Why We're Good at Dating. I bet Damien's thought of more stuff than I have.

When I enter the house, the smell of cookies surprise me, so I go to the kitchen to see Damien packing cookies into a little bag. "Hey, I thought you weren't gonna bake those cookies until tomorrow morning," I say, kissing him on the cheek.

"We're leaving tonight," he declares, shocking me. "Before you say a word, don't worry. I cancelled the previous flight before we were given the chance to pay and I booked us a new one so by the time we get there, it's nine in the morning."

"The show isn't until evening," I say. "And I haven't even packed up my things." Damien sighs before pointing at a luggage bag and a shoulder bag waiting by the door. They were both mine. "I have a checklist," I continue. Damien sighs again before showing me my now-completed checklist. "Wow. Why are you doing this?"

"We're gonna get you that promotion," he answers, smiling sadly. "You deserve it after all, and I don't know why I was so paranoid about losing you to New York, when in reality, New York's not even a person. New York's not your boyfriend. I am."