6. My name is Boneless...!

Hey, guys! We are baaack!

Writing really gives me all the joy the world has to give. Smosh does the same. So writing about Smosh multiplies all that happiness.

Well, very iconic line from our favorite blonde-turned-redhead over there! Shall we begin?

-/-/-

I could just melt then and there with that smile, and I wouldn't just melt properly; my bones would melt too. I'd be boneless.

Waiting for Wednesday was unbearable, and so was waiting for Friday. Eventually, for the first week of the project, we finished learning about the things done at Smosh, and they were a lot of stuff. That Friday night, of course, Damien had a promise to keep, which he kept even though I wasn't there because we had an emergency broadcast.

After the broadcast, he called me almost immediately. "Hey!" he greets me through a video chat. "We just watched the latest broadcast. Good job!"

"Hi, Jade! Come home now!" Jason says. "Damien brought chips."

"I'll be home, buddy," I tell him. "Where's Jeremy?"

"He's upstairs," Damien says. "Are you going home?"

I take my things from my desk and put the phone down to squeal like a middle schooler. He sounds like a father, I sound like the mother. What a dream, and an adorable one at it too.

"Sorry, I went to grab my things," I say after picking up my phone from the table. "Yeah, I'm headed home."

"Well, we'll be waiting! See you later, we're gonna play some nice games," he says gently and with a smile. "Take care."

He ends the call and I clench my fist in success before leaving Athens HQ, which was pretty close to home. I pick up some medications on the way, and when I get home, Jason and Jeremy open the door and pull me inside immediately. They take me to the dining room, take my things and my coat, take my hands gently.

When we get to the dining room, the lights turn on and Damien emerges from the kitchen with an apron on and mittens, smiling with this plate of chicken in his hands. "Your brothers are two of the best cooks I know," he says as he puts the plate on the table. "Your Mom told me that she has to go to this work event, so she told me to go pick up some food, but we decided to cook because hey, why not?"

"Oh my God, Damien," I mutter under my breath, walking towards him. "Wow, you guys really did this?"

The two boys get seated as the two of us sit down across each other, the center seat unoccupied. "Well, it was fun, and these kids really know how to cook," he answers. "We figured you'd be tired after an emergency broadcast, what with all the stress. So hey, did it work?"

"Absolutely," I tell him before looking at the boys. "You did great, boys. Extra hour of TV tonight!"

That evening, as the boys take an extra go at the XBox, Damien and I sit on the front porch and on a call with Shayne, whom I followed back on Twitter as Damien requested a few evenings ago.

"So how you guys doing?" he asks as he calls us from the grocery store. "Man, I just wish I'd been there. Free food, and Damien's an okay cook."

"Hey," Damien says, crossing his arms. "That's right. I am pretty average. It's Jade's brothers that did the magic."

"Awesome awesome," Shayne replies before dunking a box of almond milk in his cart. "So Jade, ready to have your first video filmed on Monday? Does it sound exciting? You're gonna do Try Not To Laugh!"

"I'm really really looking forward to it!" I exclaim. "I laugh a lot, but I do know when to keep a stern face on, so I think I'm your next Gus Johnson."