14. At least they drive through school zones slower.

Hey, guys!

Thank you, thank you, thank you so much for 600+ reads! Damn, it's like I have to thank you guys for 100 reads every other chapter. It's amazing, nonetheless.

I plan on finishing this story with 20 to 25 chapters, and since we're getting nearer to that, I've started writing the storyboard for my next book: See You at Seven. You may have seen the cover last chapter, and I am humbly asking for your support when it's out.

Anyway, let's get back to it. Jade's point of view! See ya!

-/-/-

It's nearly been three months since my brothers died.

Of course, moving on hadn't been easy, because there were so many things that I had to give up after they left and my mom moved out. But then came Damien, and just a few days before Christmas, he moved into my place. We've also been dating for a while now, and he has changed my life ever since.

We were just going home from the cemetery after visiting when we pass by one of the nearby schools. "So I've been wondering, where did you go to high school?" he asks as he gazes at the children finally coming back to school after Christmas vacation.

"Just outside of LA," I answer. "It was a great school, but it didn't really have much of that plan to send students to Ivy League schools."

"Did you pass in the Ivy League schools?"

"Well, Cornell."

"So you're basically a freaking genius. What's it like studying there?"

"I didn't go to college in Cornell," I explain. "Just went somewhere nearby and settled for it. It got me a job and a good job at it, so it's kinda okay. I'm not that type of person who carries academic burdens to work life anyway."

"If you ever have children," he insists, "well, if we ever have children, what do you think they'll wanna be? I bet they're already tired of their media parents."

"That's adorable," I remark. "Yeah. I'd like three children: an architect, a doctor, and maybe a lawyer. Lawyers are weird."

"They sure are, but maybe I'd like them to be an artist, a musician, and some environmentalist, I guess."

"That would also be amazing."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

What I was thinking about was how parents could easily influence children into choosing their careers the way my father got me into communication because he used to be a radio anchor. When we get home, I learn that Damien was thinking of planning about our future kids, so when I get down from the stairs after getting dressed, he has worn a Christmassy sweater while holding a clipboard next to the loveseat.

"Are you... my therapist?" I ask, lying down on the loveseat anyway. "Pretty hot therapist though. Love it!"

He chuckles before turning all serious and laughing again before turning really serious again. "Let's talk about your feelings for the future," he says, trying not to laugh. "Of course, we will change seats once your turn is over. You may be thinking, 'Why are we doing this? We've been dating for two months.' It's because I love you and I think this is the best way we get our messages across."

"Actually pretty smart," I remark, smiling. "Hit me with your best shot, Mr. Therapist or Mr. Counselor or... whatever."

"Okay, so..."

There was a list of fifteen questions regarding the future, and basically I wanted the whole Internet to know that this is the cheesiest but the sweetest way Damien put his future on the line.