Part II| Chapter 33

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, Mr. and Mrs. Velez." The DJ announced into the mic as
If there's a question of my heart, you've got it
It don't belong to anyone but you
If there's a question of my love, you've got it
Baby don't worry, I've got plans for you
"Matrimony" by Wale and Usher played. Izaiah and London came walking through the double white doors holding hands, smiling from ear to ear.
"Oh, my god. Baby, we're married!" London exclaimed excitedly into her husbands ear. "It feels good." He told her placing a kiss on her lips as they made it through the crowd of folks. They both greeted the familiar faces that they spotted.

"Congratulations you two." Mama Shirley told the couple, embracing London for a hug. Izaiah's grandma likes London genuinely. She is a respectful and sweet girl. "Thank you, mama Shirley." London smiled. Letting her stand between the both of them, the camera man snapped a bunch of pictures. Still continuing to mingle with their guests, they took in the scene of the whole setup. They really got their money's worth. After spending almost an hour taking pictures and saying hello to people, it was time for London to change into her second dress of the night. With the help of her bridesmaids, she was able to change outfits without a hassle.

Making her way back to the wedding reception, she watched as Ava stood on the dance floor, dancing with her daddy. The sight of her husband and daughter bought a smile to her face. "That dress honey." A voice spoke,  snapping behind London. Turning to face the person, Sage charged at her with a big hug. "Sage! I'm glad you made it. It's so nice to see you." London told Sage, who is Izaiah's little cousin. Sage and London grew close. Sage really likes London, and trusts her. She's now more excited than over that London is officially apart of their family, last name and all.

(London's POV)

"Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen." Becky spoke into the microphone getting everyone's attention. I walked over to the table where Izaiah, his groomsmen, and my bridesmaids are seated. "Damn, you going to make me tear that dress off you." Izaiah said into my ear, causing the hairs on the back of my neck to stand up as I sat down. His sexy deep voice had me ready to let him rip my damn dress off.
"You like it?" I questioned, smiling. "Hell yeah. You looking fine as fuck." He bit on the corner of his bottom lip, taking me in some more. "Relax." I laughed, rubbing his thigh, directing my attention to Becky.

"I just want to say, congratulations to the bride and groom. I don't even know if it's time to do a speech." She paused laughing as everyone did the same. You could tell she's a little drunk, but she kept it together. "London, you are my best friend. I watched you go through so much and still, you continue to smile everyday. I am beyond happy for you. If it's anyone that deserves an ounce of happiness on this earth, it's you. You're such a kind-hearted person. You put everyone before yourself." She paused again, due to her voice cracking.

"Whoo...okay." She fanned her face to keep herself from crying. "I love you L, and I have your back until the end of time." I wiped my watery eyes with a napkin as Izaiah traced circles on my back for comfort. "And to the groom..." Becky added. "...thank you, thank you for saving someone who was in-need of a little saving. I see how happy you make her. You two do have y'all ups and downs now." She laughed. "I know that's right." I agreed, playfully hitting Izaiah in the shoulder. "But who doesn't? The two of you are a match made in heaven. So, today I watch as my best friend, my sister, my ace...I watch as you take on this new chapter in your life. I just want you to know, I'm right on the side rooting for you." Becky finished. She handed the mic back to the DJ.

We shared a hug, rocking side to side for a minute. Becky is my rock. Through everything, she's always been by my side. A few other people decided to stand up, sharing a speech. Even Izaiah's two-faced aunt, Thelma. Many words touched me, some had me thinking and the rest were pure comedy. "At this time, I call the bride and groom to the dance floor for their first dance." The DJ announced. I got up from my seat, holding on to my dress as Izaiah led me onto the dance floor. The lights dimmed and the snowflake effect displayed on the floor.

I found myself dreaming in silver and goldLike a scene from a movie that every broken heart knowsWe were walking on moonlight, and you pulled me closeSplit second and you disappeared and then I was all aloneI woke up in tears, with you by my sideA...

Like a scene from a movie that every broken heart knows
We were walking on moonlight, and you pulled me close
Split second and you disappeared and then I was all alone
I woke up in tears, with you by my side
A breath of relief, and I realized
No, we're not promised tomorrow "Like I'm Gonna Lose You" by Meghan Trainor and John Legend played.

Izaiah isn't a fan of the song, but to me it makes a statement. Wrapping my hands around his neck, I felt his arms wrap around my waist. This is our first dance as husband and wife. Looking into his light brown eyes, I saw a man that's in love. A man that has been through a lot, but is now content. I saw a man that is my equal. Resting my head in his chest, we moved side to side. He smelled like our first date. I grew emotional, closing my eyes as flash backs of our crazy roller coaster ride came across my mind.
The night I spoke to him at the party. Him popping up at my school, taking me for an apology lunch, that same day he literally saved my life. Took me the hospital and stayed by my side. Gave me a home, gave me hope.

"I love you." I heard him whisper into my ear as we still rocked side to side. "I love you more." I smiled placing a kiss on his lips. I'm a whole ass wife now, it's so real.

(Izaiah's POV)

Pulling away from our kiss, I looked deeply into her eyes. This is my wife, it's crazy how far we've come. I wouldn't want anyone else to have my last name but this beautiful soul that's standing in front of me. I nodded at the DJ, which signaled him to change the song.
Yeah
Sad to say it but I love you
Don't take no offense but you're my bitch
Yeah, you gon' fall through every time a nigga call you "Fall Thru" by Meek Mill pumped through the speakers. I began signing the lyrics to London. "You gon fall thru every time a nigga call you." Causing her to laugh. "That's why I ball how ball when I spoil you." She grinned while I held her hand up doing a little dance. The camera man stood on the side, snapping pictures of the laughable moment my wife and I are sharing. Eventually a few folks joined our party on the dance floor.

I stood by the bar with my boys as London danced on the dance floor with her girls and Ava. "Congrats again nigga." My brother, Corey dapped me up. "Appreciate you, bruh." I nodded. Turning around to order another round of drinks, gun shots let out. Pulling my gun from my waist, I watched as people ran wild, trying their best not to get shot. I wasn't sure where the shots came from, but London and Ava are my only concern. Jigs, Dex, Travis and my two brothers followed behind me, holding their weapons as well. Finally getting a clear view of the dance floor, I could see 3 bodies laid out.

Running over to the scene, I watched as blood spilled from London's body. "Ava! Ava, back up princess." I told my daughter, picking her up so she couldn't see her mommy like that any longer. "I'll take her." Iman, my brother said taking a crying Ava away from the scene. "London?" I called out, picking her head up and pressing on the wound. "B-Baby, stay with me. Please." I begged, trying to fight the tears. She's loosing way to much blood. "I need to get her to a hospital." I carried her body out to Dex car as he sped off to the nearest hospital.

I sat in the back seat, still pressing on her bleeding wound. Feeling her touch my hand caused me to look down. "Don't say nothing, you'll be at the hospital soon." I assured her. She signaled me to put my ear to her lips. "I-I-I love you." She let out in a weak voice. "Please, baby." I cried. Her eyes closed once again.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Like|comment|share

VOTE!!!! ⭐️