Part II | Chapter 29

Three days until wedding

(Izaiah's POV)

Looking down at all the financial paper work that sat on his desk, he was overly satisfied with how good things are running with all his traps combined together. This will be his last time doing this. He's finally putting all of the things that pointed to the streets behind him. He purchased property to begin his journey to becoming the owner of "Sunset Enterprise" which is the name he has in mind for his car dealership. Izaiah couldn't front and say he isn't going to miss being the boss, but he now he's much more than a boss, or a drug lord, even a street nigga. He's now a matured man, a father and soon-to-be husband. He is putting his family first by leaving the game.

Knocks at his door caused him to place the papers back into the file folder. "Come." I spoke already knowing who it was. "What's up, nigga." Dex dapped him up, sitting across from Izaiah. "I'mma make this quick cause I need to get home. I need to talk to you." Sitting back in his chair, Dex watched, waiting for Izaiah to speak. "You remember the first time I met you nigga?" Izaiah asked, chuckling. "Of course nigga, how can I forget. You was about to help me lay them niggas out." He joined in on Izaiah's laughter. "Mane, you ain't even know me but you was ready to drop some bodies." Dex said coming down from his laughing.

"We been through some solid shit as friends...brothers. I fuck with you the long way bro." Izaiah told him more-so thankful that he has a real friend like Dexter. "Anyways, I called you in here to give you sum." Digging into his pocket, Izaiah pulled out a bunch of keys on a ring. "Define all crips until I die forever." He paused, holding on to the keys. "Throwing c'ss in the sky." Dex stated, catching on to what Izaiah was saying. "Love my Folks n' my locs. Til I die." Izaiah added. "C'z up high." Dex finished. They looked over at each other, nodding. "It all belongs to you now." Izaiah spoke handing him over the keys to all the traps and safe houses. "If it's anyone that'll hold it down more than me, it's you." Respecting Izaiah's decision to leave him in charge, they shared a brief man hug. Walking out the trap, he was feeling content, like a huge burden was lifted from his shoulders.

(London's POV)

"Yeah, I know. He might pass out when he sees you." I laughed into the phone that's at my ear with the support of my shoulder. "Alright, see you then. Take care." Ending her phone call, she continued braiding Ava's hair since she's fast asleep in their bed. Being so focused on doing her daughters hair neatly, she hadn't realize that Izaiah was standing in the door way, watching her in admiration. Clearing his groggily throat, he made his presence at home known. "Hey, baby." I smiled as he walked through the door in some black g-star jeans, black timbs and his black Moncler coat. "How was your day?" I questioned, watching him take his shoes and clothes off.

"It was pretty chill today." Nodding my head, I finished doing Ava's hair before directing my eyes to the tv. I'm currently on season 13 of Grey's Anatomy.
"Mane, change this uncensored ass show." Izaiah spoke, walking into the closet since he just got out the shower. "Boy, no. You know this my show." I waved him off, ignoring his request. I took Ava's sleeping body into her bedroom, placing her under her princess blanket. Placing a gentle kiss on her cheek, I watched as my baby lightly snored. Leaving the nigh light on in her room, I quietly left. Getting into bed, Izaiah was already laying down scrolling through Netflix because he changed my tv show, as predicted. Snuggling next to him, I watched his inked up chest move up and down.

"Are you sure about this?" I looked up at the side of his face that's a bit inked up as well. "Who don't fuck with Cop Out? Shit funny as hell cuz." I couldn't help but to bust out laughing. "N-No, that's not what I'm talking about babe." I shook my head. "I meant are you sure about this...getting married in a few days." Turning his head to face me, he licked his slightly parted pink lips. "You having doubts?" He questioned frowning. "N-No." I stated. "It's just that, ya know...it's forever." I shrugged. We are both young. I don't want us to make the wrong choice. Or worse, he's marrying me just because I'm the mother of his children. "We are forever. Signing the certificate is just the cherry on top." He smiled.

"I love you." I pecked his lips, blushing. "I love you more, ma." His smile showcased his pearly white teeth. This man is my best friend, my soul mate, someone who makes me feel at ease. "How did it go today?" I questioned. "It was a bittersweet moment." He sighed referring to him officially leaving the street lifestyle he once lived, alone. "But I know I'm making the right decision." I'm proud of the man he's becoming right before my eyes. This is the man that I fell in love with years ago. It'll honestly be my honor calling him my husband. The growth he has made is definitely showing.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Like|comment|share

VOTE ⭐️!!!!