Part ll | Chapter 6

(One week later)

Oh my goodness, you are bigger than the last time I saw you." Becky cooed picking Ava up. It's been almost one week since I gave birth. I'm still adjusting to the mom life. And getting my body to what it was before. "She eats a lot." I informed Becky,  laughing. "She's honestly the cutest thing ever." Becky is completely in love with Ava, who wouldn't be.

She really is one of the cutest babies. "So what's new?" I asked her, making conversation.
"Nothing really. Travis and I wanna take a little bae-cation." She stated. "Aww. That's cute. Y'all should." I spoke. "Yeah. We're looking into it. What's up with you?" She questioned, rocking Ava to sleep. This little girl spends most of the days asleep then has the nerve to be up all night.

"Girl, where do I start. Izaiah's grandma is sick. It's taking a toll on him. He won't admit it to me, but I know." I said with a sullen expression. Izaiah told me the awful news he received from Sage at the hospital. He hasn't been too happy since. I mean, he's smiling all the time around the baby and I, but I know he's hurt. Mama Shirley means a lot to him.

"Oh, wow. Will she be okay?" Becky questioned, concerned. "I-I don't know, Beck. We're hoping." Was all I could tell her because we all are just hoping. Stage three breast cancer isn't something everyone bounces back from. Not every woman can go through the horrifying pain and changes for much long.

"I hope she pulls through." Becky cleared her throat, touching my shoulder. I nodded my head, plastering a small smile across my face. In a way it's like Izaiah couldn't catch a break. If it isn't one thing, it's the other. "Isn't his bday coming up?" Becky questioned, sipping some of her ice coffee. "Yup. He's not too excited about that." I told her truthfully.

I've been asking him if he wants to go out or anything, but he just gives me the same old answer. "No need for a celebration, ain't nothing special bout turning twenty-three"I wish I can help him take all his problems away and just enjoy life. But, since I didn't know how, I just continue being the good girlfriend I am.

"Maybe you should plan a party or something." Becky suggested. "I've thought about that...he doesn't want one." I voiced, shrugging my shoulders. "I'm sure you'll will figure it out L." She told me in confidence. I hope we did figure it out eventually. I would hate to see him slip into a depression or something.

After about three hours of sitting and talking, Becky left for class. She's currently trying to get her CNA degree, so she is taking a lot of night courses. I plopped back on the couch, looking over at Ava. She's still knocked out. I pulled my cellphone out to check up on Izaiah. I called his phone 4 times, each time it went to voice mail. I began blowing his phone up with text messages.

Me: Izaiah!
Sent at 7:15pm
Me: I called you like 4 times. Are you ok
Sent at 7:17pm
Me: Just respond to me so that I know you're fine 🙄
Sent at 7:20pm
Me: Can you answer your phone please!! I just need to hear you.
Sent at 7:50pm
Me: Alright you're scaring me. It's 8:15! I called you over 30 times! Your not even reading my text messages. Where are you? Are you ok? 😔😔
Sent at 8:16pm

Still he wasn't responding. I grew tired of waiting. I snatched my phone, going to my call log. I scrolled through my contacts then clicked on the name. The phone rang out about 3 times. "Hello." The person said with a sleepy voice. "O-Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wake you Dex." I spoke into my phone. "London?" He questioned. "Yeah, i-it's me. I'm calling because I was wondering if you know where Izaiah is." I looked down, placing Ava's pacifier into her mouth. Little mama is wide awake now.

"Nah, I haven't seen him since earlier." He told me.
"Oh okay. Well, if you hear from him tell him to just call me." I told him, hoping he would hear from him.
"I will." Dex assured in a groggily voice. Our phone call disconnected.

It's going on 9:00 and he still hasn't returned any of my calls. The least he can do is respond to my messages. I understand that he's re-living some fucked up shit, but that's no reason to start acting distant again. He promised he would stop doing this. I took his stupid word for it. Now here I am in this big house, with a newborn and Izaiah is nowhere to be found. I wanted to pack me and my daughters things then leave. But I can't keep running away from situations. I need to be patient.

LIKE // COMMENT // VOTE ⭐️