Part II | Chapter 17

Laying in complete silence, London and Izaiah caressed each other's bodies, enjoying the peace and quiet they were having. Ava was sound asleep in her nursery so they didn't have much to worry about. They could hear her gentle snores through the baby monitor that sat on the nightstand in their bedroom. "What if they find something that ties you back to Tiffany?" London questioned, running her fingers through his waves. The whole detectives showing up at the door still has her uneasy.

"I got everything handled. I promise you that." Izaiah assured, placing a kiss on her forehead. Soon after you could hear the sound of raindrops hitting their windowsill. He had no clue why the fuck detectives popped up at his front door asking about Tiffany. Still he remained cool, acting clueless to her whereabouts. He's getting tired of this, tired of never catching a break. "I just want to plan our wedding with no worries." London stated. "And you will ma, but for now I need to handle some shit." He said pulling her body closer to his.

London didn't say anything after. She just laid there hoping the detectives wouldn't come back and drill him with more questions. She almost lost him to a bullet, she refused to let him go be behind bars next.

   (The next morning... London's POV)

Waking up there was no sign of Izaiah next to me in bed. There was no sun outside as the rain continued to come down hard. She slid out of bed, entering the connecting bathroom. She did her regular morning routine along with her hygiene. She left their bedroom, heading for Ava's nursery. She stuck her head in the door, seeing that Ava wasn't asleep in her crib. As she made her way downstairs she could smell the scent of bacon being fried. Smiling at the sight in front of her, she stood in the doorway not wanting to interrupt the moment just yet. Izaiah fried bacon and other breakfast things as he cooed at Ava who was seated in her high chair. He loves his daughter.

"Morning." She said walking fully into the kitchen, smiling at her two babies. She planted sloppy kisses on Ava's cheeks. She began to giggle up a storm. It's no doubt that Ava knows who both her parents are. She's so smart for a 3 month old baby. "How'd you sleep?" Izaiah questioned looking at his beautiful fiancé. Her natural honey blonde hair stood at a shoulder length, tucked behind her ears. "Pretty good. You?" She responded, lying. She didn't want to worry him with her constant worrying about him. She knew he already has so much on his plate, so she just wanted to be his support.

"Better. My arm don't be fuc- messing with me like that." He told her, looking over at Ava who's eyes were glued to her daddy. She's a daddy's girl, but a mommy's girl in her own way too. "That's good. When's your next doctors visit?" London questioned, watching him make their plates of food. "Friday." He said placing the plate in front of her on the island. Taking a seat across from her, he immediately dug into his plate which consisted of hash browns, bacon and boiled eggs. "Need me to come with you?" London questioned, feeding Ava some of the yellow part of her eggs.

Ava doesn't have any teeth just yet, but she still be tearing up whatever real food they fed her. "Nah, it's cool." He shrugged off her offer. After finishing breakfast, London headed upstairs with Ava to get her cleaned up. She washed her up in her baby bath before getting her fully dressed. London needed to go into work today. She has a few appointments she didn't want to cancel on any of her clients. That isn't professional to her at all. Becky is free today, so she offered to watch Ava in the shop as London did what she had to do.

After almost an hour after getting ready upstairs, London walked into the living room with Ava on her hip. She glimpsed over at Izaiah as she snapped her baby into the car seat. "Any plans for today, babe?" She questioned. "I'm gon stop by the traps real quick. Handle some business." Her told her honestly. London desperately wanted Izaiah to leave the that lifestyle behind him as he promised. But things were taking a little longer than expected. Especially with him getting shot. It was a setback. "Just be safe, please." She stressed, walking over to the couch he was sitting on.

He pulled her onto his lap, placing kisses on her neck. "I will baby." He inhaled the scent of her Chanel perfume, looking into her eyes. "Y'all be safe too." He looked over at Ava who was now asleep. Boy that little girl loves to sleep. "We will." She smiled kissing his pink lips. They broke the kiss after a few more pecks. Soon after London was walking out the door with the car seat in her hand.

(Izaiah's POV)

"Good to see you on yo feet boss." Dre greeted dapping me up. After leaving Dex in charge of his traps he is finally back and ready to get down to business. He walked over greeting Dex, Jigs and Travis with daps. "Good to see you bruh." Travis spoke. Izaiah gave him a quick head nod, feeling the same. "Now that you back, what we about to do about this bitch ass nigga Chad?" Jigs questioned, rubbing his hands together. Jigs was always trigger happy. If he could walk around shooting people for fun I think he would.

"Chad a smart nigga. It's gon be a while before I-We, take him down." I told the guys. They all grilled me, scrunching up their faces. "Fuck you mean?" Dex questioned clueless. "Chad knows everything he knows because of me. He gon be on his shit now more than ever." I stuck my hands into my pockets thinking about Chad and the relationship we once had. He was my best friend, my brother. I showed him how to move and operate in the streets. He was already wise, but with my help he was ten times better than what he was before.

"That don't mean shit, Z. We need to take his ass out soon as fucking possible." Travis said not giving a fuck. Travis is definitely the quiet one out of us all. So when you hear him chime in you know it's some real shit. "I hear y'all man. If we gonna do this, we have to do this shit right." I eyed them. "Chad ain't no clumsy mother fucker. We know he was watching me because that's what he wanted me to know. He's fucking with me cause he know this means war. I'm coming for him." I stated. All bets are off the table.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Like|comment|share

V O T E 🌟 !!!

Part ll | Chapter 17 Convos 💬

Izaiah and his boys bouta go get some revenge 😈😈 how y'all think this about to play out ? Y'all think Chad is smarter than Zay because he taught Chad the game?

Chapter 18 update coming soon 💕