"It turned A-Rank?!" Hiruzen echoed. "And you all survived?"

Miyuki glanced at Sasuke saltily, shooting Kakashi a dirty look.

::

Miyuki stepped into her house, shutting the door behind her, and waited for Obito to sense her chakra entering. "Tadaima."

She disappeared in a swirl.

"Miyuki," Obito said pleasantly, going to sit on the mattress they had placed in his dimension. He quickly kicked away an arm or two out of her sight. He visibly cringed at the feeling of his bare foot hitting the flesh, recoiling. "How was your mission?"

Her face turned grim and she sat down.

"It wasn't a C-Rank."

Obito rose an eyebrow. "What rank was it then?"

"A," she muttered softly. Obito felt his heart spike up at the letter, eyes widening and searching her for injuries.

"What happened?!" He practically cried out.

"At first it was hardly anything," she said quietly. "We got attacked by the demon brothers from the mist but I defeated them really easily it was almost laughable."

She couldn't help the blush that crept onto her face at the proud look Obito gave her.

"But then we got attacked by Momochi Zabuza, and I got angry at Hatake for saying he wouldn't let his friends die," Miyuki continued sadly. "I got shoved into the water by his clone and I got trapped in a water prison. So did Hatake, but his was hollow."

Obito's eyes widened even more. "Yours wasn't?!"

"It was filled with water," she whispered, looking down. "I nearly drowned. I saw Sasuke and Naruto making a plan, and I thought they were gonna help me but I couldn't breathe and—" she took a deep breath, ignoring her pounding heart. "And I didn't use the necklace. I—I unlocked my sharingan. Hatake broke out thanks to Sasuke and Naruto, and he tackled the clone holding me in the prison, then I passed out."

The scarred male was silent, taking in the information with an aghast look on his face.

"Why didn't you use the necklace?" He finally asked, scarily calm. "That's why I gave it to you."

"I couldn't think straight," she defended weakly. "I was drowning."

"Is there any more?" Obito inquired.

"About a week later Zabuza attacked us again with his apprentice from the Yuki clan," Miyuki said, her face contorting in bitter anger at the mention of Haku. "Naruto was at the bridge builder's house recovering from chakra exhaustion, so Sasuke was the one who fought Haku. I couldn't do anything. All I did was protect Tazuna and knee Zabuza in the nuts. And then I—" she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. "I felt Sasuke's chakra depleting, and Tazuna let me go over to the ice thingy that the Yuki made, and—and—"

Obito's eyes softened at her distressed face. "You don't need to rush it out."

"Sasuke was—he was just there. And—And I checked his heartbeat, and his breathing, and his pulse and his chakra—" she was starting to get more and more upset, her volume raising slightly so she wasn't hushed anymore. "But..he was gone."

Obito hushed her softly, wrapping his arms around her as she hugged him desperately.

"I..I unlocked my mangekyo sharingan."

Obito stiffened.

He certainly hadn't been expecting that.

"Do you have...?" He asked, trailing off.

"I don't know. I just remember getting really, really angry and killing lots of people," Miyuki admitted, hiccuping as she furiously wiped her traitorous tears.  "I don't know if it was kamui. I don't think it was. I screamed and all the mirrors kind of broke, then I killed that short old man's army just by waving my arm or something. I don't know what I am."

She curled up in Obito's lap, burying her face into his dark grey shirt that he had hurriedly shoved on when he felt her chakra enter her home.

"It's okay," he mumbled. "It's okay."

"Sasuke—he's..alive. But he has questions. He was in a...temporary death state," she said into his shirt.

He gently rubbed her back uncertainly, unsure of how to comfort a crying child.

"At least I don't have to tell Itachi that his brother died," he weakly joked.

Halfhearted giggles invaded his ears.

Maybe....Maybe they'd be okay.

A/N

This is mostly just Miyuki relaying the story to Obito, but I wrote this at literally 4am so-

I have a surprise waitin for y'all 👀

Don't forget to vote for a pairing!
Again, I will not be doing any Uchiha. Sasuke sees Miyuki as a little sister, so I'm really sorry if anyone wants her to end up with him. As Miyuki said in the first chapter, she and Sasuke are cousins.

~Author-Nee