Chapter 30 - Complications

Start from the beginning

Glancing behind me, I can no longer see Massimo, but I'm not worried this is what Tommy's crew does best, protects from the shadows. Coming into view is Caffe ai Banchi Vecchi. I pick up the pace and head towards the ladies. Although I can't possibly see everything in the three days, we will spend in Italy. I'm making a list for when we return. I want to experience Italy's best, and I have the expectancy that my husband will roam with me.

Stepping into the beautifully set out café, I'm indulging in the sweet fragrance of freshly brewed coffee as I pull up a seat on the joint tables set up to cater to all the ladies. I smile at the window view.

"Good morning," I greet them cheerfully.

"What so good about it? And you're late!" Kat, annoyed, knits her brows.

The rest remain quiet at her outburst. Attempting to give me an insight into Kat's mood, Bianca smiles, "Ignore her. My younger idiot brother has gotten under her skin."

"No, he hasn't!" Kat snaps, scoffing, "As if anything, The Gun does bother me."

"What am I missing?" My brows hit my hairline.

"Nothing, Mina, I don't care," Kat tries to convince us all but mostly herself. Clearly, this has hit a nerve, and she's trying to avoid the conversation.

"I'll order you a coffee," she announces.

"Okay," I mumble. Storming off, she heads through the café to find a waiter.

"Oh lord," Nat breaths.

Turning to face my older sister, I question, "Are you worried about this as I am?"

Rubbing her temples, she sighs. Lia keeps her head lowered, focusing on her fork as she moves her bacon to the side. "The night you sailed off with Raffaele, a lot happened." Nat is vague and motions Bianca to fill me in.

Part of this, I already know. He went out looking for Elias and beat him the fuck up. Does Kat know? Did she argue with Tommy about it? So many questions are running through my head.

"Well, I got up early that morning. So, I wouldn't wake up Petro. I stepped out to make some calls. I needed to ensure our accommodation was arranged in Italy." Sweeping her eyes around, she ensures Kat isn't in listening proximity, "I saw Katerina leaving Tommy's room. He was chasing after her. She was saying to him that is it was a mistake, and they can't keep sleeping together."

Closing my eyes, I let out a dreaded breath. They slept together again! Oh God, if her brothers find out, this is going to end badly. I don't want to even think about what Raffaele is going to do.

"That was yesterday morning," meeting her eyes, she concludes, "Kat asked me to wake up her this morning so she wouldn't be late for breakfast. When we walked out of her room to make our way downstairs and meet up with the ladies, Two of Tommy's samplers, as you would call them, were leaving his room."

My heart shatters for her. I know Kat. Her choice of words to Tommy was hoping he would change the status of this flame between them. Of course, he said nothing and shattered her heart in the process. In front of him, she wouldn't have cracked. She wouldn't have shown any signs of heartbreak.

Veering my eyes to Julia and Cara, I demand, "Neither one of you will say anything to her idiot brothers."

"Nope, I'm not opening my mouth," Julia quickly responds.

"My lips are sealed," Cara smiles meekly.

"Raffaele can't know about this!" I make it clear to Bianca.

"He will not find out from me. In fact, we have all agreed to keep our mouths shut. Completely sealed, and after speaking to you about it, we are never to repeat it." She firmly states.