CH 23

Hello!

Hope you're doing well. Here the next chapter. This chapter will start some weeks after the previous one. Yes, Kara is pregnant again, and, in this chapter she will be already at full time at home, since her belly starts to be noticed. Anyway, hope you like it. Leave a review if you can.

See U soon!

*** Lena's narrative (voice-over) ***

It took me a long time to finally understand that it's not always possible to do the best... to do a perfect work...

Lena sighs. - "God damn it! The serum is still too unstable to use it in humans..."

Eve. - "But, you're so close... I know you can do it, Ms. Luthor..."

The CEO nods, she knows she can solve this issue so they can proceed with the human trial, but, it's barely 4pm, and, Lena is already at her limit of her exhaustion. She needs to charge energy, she needs...

Lena looks at her phone, she chuckles when she reads a text from her wife, saying...

Kara's text: "Look! Clarke & Lexa did little castles of mud! Her hair is a mess now..."

Lena chuckles, looking at the picture, the two little girls smiling, covered in mud. God! Cleaning that hair will be really a challenge, and, that's why...

Kara's text: "It's your turn to bath the kids, so for Clarke's sake. Don't be late :) !"

The CEO chuckles, of course, it's her turn to clean when the kids make a big mess...

Eve. - "Ms. Luthor, so, what do you think it's better to do now...?"

*** Lena's narrative (voice-over) ***

It's not always possible to do the best, but it's always possible to make the perfect choice and, do what is the best for you... for your world...

Eve sees Lena thinking, and, she asks. - "Ms. Luthor...?"

Lena. - "I'm leaving early the office, today, this Friday, Eve. And, I decided to take some days off, too..."

Eve frowns. - "Sorry, what?!"

Lena says when she runs out of the office. - "Don't call me, neither text me, just send me email if it's really, really urgent, okay?"

Eve. - "Ms. Luthor, wait!" (She sighs when she notices that the CEO is gone, and, mumbles to herself) "How can you leave now that we're so close to figure out this serum of Harun-El...?"

A day off? Leaving early from work? You would have never ever dared to believe that Lena Luthor would even dare to think about such things. Lena never needed neither wanted to have a day off. Her life was her work in the office. Work, work, work, that was her mantra till someone(s) came into her world, and, changed it all...

Clarke smiles. - "Mommy!"

The blonde runs towards the CEO, and, the raven-haired woman opens her arms to receive her with lots of love. And, just like little Clarke, Alec & Izzy stop playing with their toys, and rush too, towards the CEO...

Lena smiles. - "Come here..."

With their burble smiles, the 3 kids throw themselves into Lena's arms. And, Lena couldn't imagine of a better feeling than having her 3 kids into her arms. She wishes she could stay like this for hours, but when her dear wife appears in the room, she needs to greet her...

 She wishes she could stay like this for hours, but when her dear wife appears in the room, she needs to greet her