CH 38

Hello, sorry for the delay, here the chapter, like promised. One part of this chapter will be linked with chapter 5, I hope you get the hint of why.

Hope you enjoy it! See U soon!

Chapter 38

'The world was on fire

And, no one could save me but you

It's strange what desires

Can make foolish people do

And I never dreamed

That I'd meet someone like you...'

Alone in her office

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Alone in her office. Lena drinks what might be her 3rd bottle of scotch while the song 'wicked game' plays in the background. Immersed in the darkness of her office after the massive electricity blackout that suffered the city. The only light is the one provided by the flames. Yes, the city is on fire. You can hear the sirens, in the distance, announcing their arrival to put an end to the chaos.

Firefighters, cops, even citizens are out there, trying to help while all Lena can do is sit here, alone, in the dark, watching all get burned to the ground because...

"I never dreamed that I'd lose someone like you..."

Lena sadly sings a verse of the song, loud enough to hear the echo of her raw voice, thundering across the room, a sick reminder of how broken, she sounds, how lost she feels after what she just lost, whom she just lost today.

'What a wicked game to play

To make me feel this way...'

The song keeps playing and indeed, what a wicked thing to make her feel like this, in so much pain. And, what's even more wicked, it's to put into a song what Lena is feeling right now. Never has a song appealed to Lena like now. She has never been the type of person who identifies themselves with a song and yet, here she's, feeling like this song was done for her. Maybe it's the alcohol running through her veins, or maybe it is her desperate need to fill the void she has in her heart after losing the love of her life.

Whatever the reason, the raven haired-woman feels compelled to play back the song once it's over, over and over, Lena tortures herself with the song which touches the precise notes to stab her heart over and over. A torturous melody which raises a wave of emotions she cannot deal with, at least not without another full glass of whiskey. The bottle at her disposal is already empty, but she knows where Jess keeps the stock of liquor for the office. So, she gets ready for her quest for whiskey, but when she stands up from her chair, everything starts to spin. This task will be more difficult than what she thought.

Was her office always this big? Lena wonders as she walks towards the cabinet where she can find the amber elixir. A distance of barely a few feets becomes miles away for a drunk Lena, who's struggling to reach her target. Her vision is blurry, her body is numb. She cannot retain more alcohol, her brain knows it, her body feels it too, but she keeps going, ignoring what her mind & body are trying to tell her.

My world           (#supercorp #Kara & Lena)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें