"I don't like your tone. Something tells me that someone didn't tell Achille what he was going to do. You naughty boy." He mocked, his finger shoving deeply into my chest. "Watch your tone with me. I will give away your plan to Achille in a heartbeat. Faster than you could ever blink-."

I slap away his arm, walking around him.

That's when I go outside and see people surrounding Achille's table. He sat quietly as they tried speaking to him, and I became irritated.

When I go to the register, some people line up; but some stayed near Achille. It was very distracting and it didn't help that Oscar was back in the front. He was just glaring me down the whole time.

But I tried to be professional and do my job. Though it was only getting harder.

I already know Achille is beautiful, but I didn't think so many people would become so gutsy. I thought people these days were too shy to reach out. Especially the generation below mine.

Doesn't seem to be that way now.

"Are you attracted to the model too?"

I look down, seeing the female before me ordering two key lime pies.

"That's an interesting question to ask."

"How so? Is it not the truth? He just sits so calmly and lets anyone sit with him. I...I actually bought him a pie so that he wouldn't starve. Felt like being generous today." She whispered to me, and I smile.

When I look back at Achille, we both made eye contact. His face turned pink so quickly and he bit his lip, looking away.

"Yeah...if you truly want to show your generosity, get the French fruitful tart." I say, and she frowns.

"Why?"

"Because he loves fruit. Since it's originally from France, I bet he'd love it." I chuckle, waiting for her receipt to come out.

"How do you? You act like you know him."

"I mean...he is my boyfriend after all." I drift, beginning to smile a crooked smile at her. Her face turned red so quickly as she snatched the receipt from my hand.

When she went to him I watched her ask him a question. As soon as she did he nodded quickly, pointing at me. Now all eyes were on me.

I smile, feeling proud at the moment. Just to see them look at me as if I was the luckiest man I alive - because I was. Not only was Achille cute, but he was sexy. You would have to be blind to not see that.

"Do your job."

I look over my shoulder to see Oscar glaring at me. He handed me someone's order and I chuckle.

"I am doing my job-."

"I heard what you said to a customer. If they think he's single, let him think so! He's raking in money for us just by sitting." Oscar snickered, running his fingers through his hair. "It's probably because of what he is."

"Ah...if that's the case, why didn't they ever huddle around you?" I find myself mocking, and his eyes widen at me in shock.

Don't know what has gotten into me, but I just don't want Oscar to find Achille out. I know he'll tell Sabin...he can't help himself. I need to distance myself because Achille is being more rash too.

He's not being cautious...

"Darius this character of yours is very dominating... I have never felt such an aura from you before. What are you trying to protect?" He questions, and I know I have to calm down.

"Nothing. Achille just wanted to see me work and I'm kind of jealous since he's so cute...people will notice. You know what I mean?" I try to deflect his words, and I could tell he fell for it.

He smiled at me, patting my shoulder as he nodded at Achille.

"That prude won't let anything happen to him. Have more faith in him." Oscar told me, and I nodded.

"I trust him...not the people." I sneer, having to smile at the person who was in front of me; so that I don't seem rude.

"Just don't think too much about it, a jealous man isn't sexy." He whispers to me, and I felt my face heat up.

Though when I look at Achille, he looked like he wanted to rip off Oscar's head. That made me have to conceal my smile because he was getting upset over such a thing.

He's so cute.

I waved at him, but he began to get out of his seat. When I saw him get in line I got a little nervous, honestly.

The more people that went along there came a point when he was in front of me. Our eyes meeting and he bit his lip.

"Hi." I murmur, and he grins.

"Bonjour, I just wanted to say hi... You are doing a good job." He compliments, patting the register. "It looks so natural the way you press the buttons and hand them receipts...all that good stuff."

"Ah, so romantic." I sigh, and he blushes instantly. "Would you take any recommendations?"

Achille bobbed his head cutely, and I walk over to the fruit tarts. I take two of them out, placing them on a plate. When I get back to him I dig in my pocket and pull out my wallet.

"I'll pay for it, you go enjoy it."

"We'll enjoy it." He sings happily, and I flinch. I look over my shoulder to see Oscar nowhere near me.

I need to tell Achille later to be careful...because it already seems like him just being pregnant is a no in the vampire world. The person we have for help is good, lucky for us. It's just...it's so unusual...people have tendency to kill off things that aren't normal.

They either kill the 'thing' that isn't normal; or kill the creators of such a 'thing'. That the parents are to blame for such a thing... If it comes down to it, I'd want to die in place of both Achille and the baby.

If we both had to die for them...I think we would...

That's what I fear though. Hopefully it won't come down to that.

Yes...we'll see.

____________😥

Is that foreshadowing I'm smelling? 🤔

I'd check the tags if I were you, because this story has now changed dramatically. 😤

There can't be happy endings for every love-story. Even this one...😭