Chapter 21🌙 Butterfly Terranium

It's late, I don't feel like checking for errors cuz I'm tired. So I'm sure there are some grammar/ spelling errors. I'll probably come back to them...one of these days

      One by one, each student was eaten by the hat. But don't worry! They weren't hurt or anything, they were completely fine. The hat was like a slide in the inside, it was a trip for them indeed. While yes, it was a bit dark considering there was little light, but the light that they did have were by little gold flecks that fluttered around. Fireflies, were the gold flecks, but up close their bottoms were green.

     Once they were at the end of the slide, they stepped onto marble floor. Plants surrounded every nook and cranny of the building. The steady flow of a small waterfall buzzed in their ears. But the most beautiful thing that amazed even the ones that seemed to never be impressed with a mere trick....

Was the many butterflies that fluttered the room.

"Wooaaah~! Look at all these butterflies", Mina squealed as she turned a full 360 to look around. Everywhere they looked it was like a jungle full of butterflies. Ivory smiles as she helps Echo up off of the ground and holds his hand. "Welcome to my butterfly terrarium", she says sweetly. The class could only awe more at the new scenery. "Why are we here", Tokoyami asks. "Well, you all were stressing about the upcoming exams, so I thought this would be a nice stress relief for you all."

"Well I certainly like this, I'm gonna go nap over here", Aizawa crooks as he makes his way over to the fountain. He lays on a bench and snuggles into his sleeping bag, and before they knew it he was out cold. "It looks like Mr. Aizawa needed a stress relief too", Yaoyorozu giggles. Ivory giggles along with her raven haired student. "Alright everyone, go ahead and explore. I'll just be spectating." As everyone went to go along their merry way, Ivory call's out to them. "Wait! One rule you must follow."

The students slowly crowded, listening in to what she had to say. "Do not go out any of these doors." It was quiet for a moment, one thought on their mind. Why can't we go out of the doors? "Why can't we go near the doors", Kaminari asks. "Dumbass she said don't go out of the doors. Now go near them", Bakugou snaps at the pikachu replica. Ivory scratches her head, her hat no longer on her head since it was in the classroom. "I know that sounds weird, but it's best if you don't go out. I promise it's nothing sketchy."

The class didn't have an unsettling feeling, so they trusted her. Ivory allows everyone to explore the facility as she walked around with Echo. The young boy awes at the butterflies that flew by, a couple fell in his curls and sat there a moment. He laughed as he touched at them, but they flew out of his hair and joined the others. Ivory sits on the floor and pulls a knee up to her chest. She sighs tiredly through her nose as she lays her head in her knee.

     Echo chased and caught and released the delicate insects. And it made Ivory happy that he was so mesmerized by little creatures. Feeling peace for once in his life.

     "Miss Ivory?"

     The albino looks over at Todoroki, she smiles at him and pats a spot on the ground. The two toned haired boy sits beside her and watches the seven year old play by himself. "Weren't you with Midoriya and Iida", she asks. Todoroki nods his head and hums as he plays with his fingers, "yeah. But I came to sit with you for a minute." Ivory sits on her knees and flattens her dress, "what's on your mind Snow Cone?"

     "Just...home."

    "What's wrong at home?"

     Todoroki doesn't say anything, and it worried Ivory to pieces. Nothing could worry her more than one of her siblings not telling her if something was bothering her, and she felt like that with her students. "Todoroki?" The boy looks over at her, no emotion able to be read on his face. "He seems to talk about you a lot." Ivory was taken aback by this, talk about me? What ever for? "Why wouldn he be talking about me", she asks.

     "He says...that you're unfit to be a hero. That you could cause danger to the people, he can't put his finger on it, but he says he just had that feeling."

Ivory's stomach did flips and her throat felt like sandpaper. But she pushed those feelings aside and smiled. "I'm sure that's just him being him. He never liked me much when I started out as a hero." Todoroki shakes his head, a huff being let out. "But he says it as if he's going to figure something out about you. You're a good teacher and great hero, people love you. I don't see how you could cause everyone harm." Todoroki looks down at his left hand, the side that withholds fire. It was a constant reminder to him of who he was.

     A hand clasps his left and curls his fingers into a light fist. He looks into Ivory's sharp gleaming eyes, many shades of green with specks of yellow held in them if you really looked hard. "Do not worry about what your father has to say", the witch says, "that is nothing you should be worried about, you must focus on your studies. Not worrying about his problems, especially when they concern me."

     She lets his hand go, and when he opens his hand to a palm, a tiny creature that was made up of flames walked along his hand. It was so small that he could compare it to the size of a baby carrot, but it looked very squishy like a marshmallow. It's white eyes were intimidating as it stared back at him, he stares back. "What is this", Todoroki asks. Ivory opens her hand out and lets the little ember bounce into her hand, extinguishing automatically. "That's you", she says.

"What? What do you mean?"

Ivory laughs, "think of it as a spirit animal without it being an animal. You all have one, it's a little spirt that's sparked whenever it is fueled with a good emotions, and shrinks when it is dwelled with sadness and anger."

"Is there more", he asks.

"There's more to it; but that can be for a class lesson in the future if you're interested."

Todoroki looks down at where the little flame was, soot on his palm which indicating where the magical being went. "I'd like that", he whispers. Ivory pats him on the head, "now run along and go have fun. It'll be time to head back before you know it". Todoroki stands and dusts himself off. He gives Ivory one last look before heading over to his friends.

✨<🌙>✨

School ended and students began to leave. Ivory waited for Echo to say his goodbyes to the others before he was ready to head back home. She teleports them back him easily, both in he backyard where Ezekiel, Sasaki, Alaine, and Marie were. The young demon doesn't waist a moment in running towards the fit of them, eager to play with children around his age. "Were you and your students in the terrarium?" Ivory turns her attention to Leo. He walks over to her, hands behind his back as he gazes out at the children.

     "Don't worry Leo, they didn't open the doors."

     "Good, it's bad enough one already knows about this place."

     Ivory whips her head to the cat-like man so quickly she thought she'd snap her neck. "I have already informed Midoriya to not tell anyone about this place unless I was in big trouble. I know you do not know him well or the others, but I trust all of my students." Leo places his hand on Ivory's shoulder, a cheeky grin on his face. "I wasn't saying I didn't trust them. I'm saying you have to be careful with showing your magic like this. You didn't create this place for show and tell."

     Ivory sighs, she knew her friend was right and she wasn't going to deny that. "I know Leo. I know."