Chapter 71: Trial

Xiong Zhi woke up early.  She walked through the hallway and find one of the maids.

"Did you see Mr. Zhou?"

The maid bowed.

"Mr. Zhou is in the South wing. He is preparing breakfast for Grandmaster."

"Thank you."

Xiong Zhi went to South wing. She needs to have a talk with her grandfather.

She arrived at the South Wing when Mr. Zhou was putting the utensils in the table.

"Good morning Mr. Zhou. How's grandfather?"

Zhou Min was a little started by the sudden visit of Xiong Zhi.

"What a pleasant morning, Young Miss. Your grandfather will have his breakfast in a few minutes. Do you want to join the table?"

"Yes, please. Kindly tell grandfather I'll join him."

Zhou Min smiled. Even though these two Xiong's breakfast was in fact a business meeting it was still good for Old Xiong and his grandaughter to have breakfast together.

"Alright. I'll tell him." Zhou Min left Xiong Zhi at the table and went to the Master's bedroom.

Xiong Zhi sat quitely and watch the maids add additional utensils and food.

Old Xiong was wearing a long robe when he came to the dining room.

Xiong Zhi stand up and bowed. She did her usual routine and sat.

The two Xiong ate quietly on the table.

Old Xiong finished his tea when Xiong Zhi started to open her mouth.

"Grandfather, I'd like to know if you're going to attend this year's IAmFashionista."

Old Xiong slowly put down his tea. He gestured to Zhou Min to add more tea.

"Of course. I need to be there. Why asking?"

Xiong Zhi took a sip of her milk to gain courage.

"I'm wondering if you have another sit for me, grandfather."

Old Xiong wait for his cup to be filled before he answered.

"A seat front that event cost a lot. Do you know how much you're asking?"

Zhou Min who was at the side could not help but turn to Old Xiong.

Xiong Zhi too stared at his grandfather.

It seems like this talk will not go smooth.

"Yes, grandfather. "

"Then you must know that I don't give a benefit to anyone without a return."

Xiong Zhi's eyes droop down.

She thought it was going to be easy. Like a granddaughter asking her grandfather to bring her to an event.

Zhou Min thought this as well.

Old Xiong was a very critic businessmen. But he would not be this strict with his granddaughter. Unless he saw Xiong Zhi not only as a granddaughter but as a person who would join battlefields in business industry in the future. In short, he was seeing her as his heir.

Xiong Zhi doesn't have to really ask Old Xiong for a seat. IHZHI gained a seat already, specifically it is a VIP one. But she doesn't want to play that way. So for now she would play in his grandfather's means.

"What can I do for you, grandfather?"

Old Xiong reached for his tea. He smelled it, took a sip from it and savor its taste.

"I'm not checking your company. So I don't know how is it going. Since it has been only a few months, I understand it is probably withstanding some trials on it's own. And I would like to add to that problems. Are you willing?"

Xiong Zhi's face finally let out some emotions. Her brows was furrowed. She doesn't have any idea what this Old Xiong was planning. But she was sure Old Xiong wants to add some problems to her.

However, whatever it was she would take it. As the saying goes, Opportunity comes with a risk.

"I'm willing."

Old Xiong laughed.

"Ha.ha.ha. Alright! Zhou Min, get the file that Mr. Bang submit."

Zhou Min adjusted his glasses. He knew of Mr. Bang. And of course what kind problem Mr. Bang has.

"Yes, Master. I will print the file." Zhou Min walked out.

Old Xiong happily sipped from his tea. He was really excited what would be his granddaughter's expression when she saw this file and this trial.

It was true that he never investigate or keep in touch with Xiong Zhi's company. As he promised, he would stay out of it until it's name reached his ears. So so far, he doesn't know any progress of IHZHI.

And waiting for four years was too long.
So being bored, he finally decided to give some trials and lesson to Xiong Zhi. He would impart some of his knowledge to his granddaughter.

As a grandfather, he wanted Xiong Zhi to be mold more and he wanted to train her to be a figure who knows the in and out of the business.

After a few minutes, Zhou Min walked with a file.

The maids clean the table and Zhou Min put the file down.

"I want you to take care of Mr. Bang's project. Before we attend the event, you have to convince the investors to give a shot on this project. Zhou Min will explain to you the story. "

Old Xiong stand up.

"I will leave her to you."

Zhou Min bowed. Xiong Zhi stand up and bowed as well.

After Old Xiong was gone, Zhou Min started opening the file.

"Mr. Bang was a CEO before. He own his own company. Owning a company is a great deal with a great risks. So he sell it to us. Your grandfather saw a great potential on him so he gave him a chance to be a part of us. Now, Mr. Bang is in charge of a number of big projects. However, this one-"
Zhou Min put some few papers to Xiong Zhi.

"- is not doing good. When it is first presented to your grandfather, he already marked it down. But Mr. Bang is strongly committed in this one. He really want to build this. Even vowing to his name. So your grandfather gave him a chance. If Mr. Bang got half of the investors, Xiong Empire will take care of the half. "

Xiong Zhi look at the paper.

ArtWorld.

It sounds familiar.

"It was doing good at first. Mr Bang got investors. And he got the approval of Mr. Xiong. But suddenly this piece of land got acquired by the Lu's. Actually, it is not really the Lu's, well, Lu family is a bit complicated. But it is bought by the Lu first young master. "

Suddenly, the sounds of bell in Xiong Zhi's mind got stronger.

"The investors back down. They so no potential if ArtWorld was not build in that land. And they know this project can't win against the First young master Lu."

Xiong Zhi stared hard at the paper. She finally remembered this controversy.

Zhou Min continued his explanation.

"ArtWorld got no investors. Mr. Bang will lose this chance. But now-"

Zhou Min adjust his glasses. He stared at the young miss of Xiong.

"- he have you. You will help Mr. Bang to convince the investors before the end of this month. If you manage to do that, Mr. Bang can fulfilled his dream and you'll get a seat beside Mr. Xiong."

Xiong Zhi stayed silent.

She looked down at the paper.

She remembered a certain headline from her past lifetime.

ArtWorld - gone for good.