Chapter 55: Troubles of Heart (III)

The weekend had passed and the new week came. It was restless for everyone.

Xiong Zhi walked downstairs while staring at Linfeng. The maids and butler who usually saw this were already used to of the morning rites of Xiong Zhi whenever she came down. That was staring hard at Linfeng.

However, the subject of it, Linfeng who was almost used to it, cannot return the stares. He could not stare directly at Xiong Zhi's eyes nor look at her face as he was guilty of what he'd done the other day. Until now, he was restless because of it.

The two were silent as they ride the car.
Both were immersed in their own thoughts.

Xiong Zhi was bothered since that Friday night. She did not know what happened to Linfeng.

She was asking herself if she had scared him.

Maybe I show my feelings too much. Maybe for the young Linfeng, love is too early. But how will I show him that I love him? Will he keep doing this? Treating me like a stranger?

Xiong Zhi was hurt. She felt that Linfeng want to really distanced himself from her.

In Linfeng's side, the young man was restless. He was debating to say a few comforting words or stay silent as he was afraid he will hurt her more if he says more words.

Silence reign in the car until they arrived at TIHS.

With manners and etiquette, the two separated and went to their respective buildings.

Xiong Zhi was down. Even Song Xuantin waved at her enthusiastic from her chair, even with Song Xuantin's jokes and lively chattering, she was not influenced even by a bit.

Song Xuantin sighed.

"I felt like a clown that was performing in front of the blind kids."

Xiong Zhi just ignored her. She was still thinking HARD. What did she do that made him run away?

Song Xuantin cupped her face in her hands and stared at the blank Xiong Zhi.

"You know what, I doubt you will find an answer to that brain of yours. Is it about Linfeng? What happened this time?"

Xiong Zhi finally gazed at Song Xuantin.

The expert, Song Xuantin understood it.

"Did you do something that made him avoid you?" Song Xuantin knew that Xiong Zhi was not the type of person who would approach you first. Much less tell a story.

She hates to waste her saliva

Xiong Zhi could not help but tear up a little bit.

Did I do something that made him avoid me?

"Don't question yourself. You'll not find an answer. Knowing you. " Song Xuantin said it harshly.

"Common. Tell me. Waste your breath a little bit. You have to exercise your mouth. It's good for the voice." She encouraged Xiong Zhi more.

"I--I think I scared Linfeng." Xiong Zhi started.

Song Xuantin lax attitude was replaced by panic.

"Wha-?! Did you confess already?!!"

All the students including the teachers looked at them. Song Xuantin's voice still echoed in the room.

..confess already..

..already...

...ready...

...dy.

Song Xuantin hides her face under the desk.
Geez! They were still in the class.

"A-almost.." Xiong Zhi did not bother with it. She actually did not notice how the class was paying attention to them now and how they gasped at Xiong Zhi's answer.

Song Xuantin's gasped was also included.

She whisper-shouted,

"When?! Did I tell you it's too early for now! You haven't captured him yet! You will get rejected-- " Then her eyes got big.

"Don't tell me...you got rejected?!"

Gasps erupted in the room.

Xiong Zhi thinks about it.

"No. He did not reject me. He just said sorry and run away."

Murmurs echoed in the room.

Song Xuantin reaction was the biggest. She stands up and pinched Xiong Zhi's smooth cheeks.

"Idiot! Idiot! When the guy said sorry after you confess it means you got rejected! Idiot Xiong Zhi your chances were now gone!!"

Xiong Zhi panicked when she heard it. But she reasoned hoping Song Xuantin was wrong.

"I said Almost. I did not confess. I just looked at him. I did not even say anything!"

Wha-?!

Song Xuantin sat down open-mouthed.

"Wait...are we on the same page? Can you waste your breath for a bit and tell me the whole thing?"

Xiong Zhi thinks hard about it. She realized she really needed help with this. She couldn't understand the situation.

"It happened after the banq-" She started.

"Ehem..ehem.." Gu Zhen coughed loudly catching all their attention.

Xiong Zhi and Song Xuantin included.

Song Xuantin meets Gu Zhen's charming eyes. She could not help but look down and squeal silently in delight.

Xiong Zhi seeing Song Xuantin being love-struck knew that Song Xuantin would not listen to her for now.

Let her calm herself first.

After that small talk of Xiong Zhi and Song Xuantin, the whole class including the teacher knew that Xiong Zhi had someone she likes but got rejected.

In their hearts, they wondered who was lucky to gain the attention of this unapproachable Xiong Zhi and so brazen to reject a Xiong.

However, even it was big news they did not let this out. Each student was part of the hierarchy of the wealthy. They knew that the Xiong was to be revered and never to touch. Because of these teachings and fear towards the Xiong, they never gossip this out. Nor talk about it inside the class. It was better to be cautious and safe than to offend a Xiong.

Meanwhile, Linfeng was dazing in class when Jang Shin elbowed him.

"Why do you have so many sleepless nights?" Jang Shin then pointed out Linfeng's dark circles under his eyes.

Linfeng sighed bitterly. Just recently he could not sleep well since he was having some dreams. But since Friday night, he could not sleep well for different reasons. He was really bothered and restless of how he treated his Young Miss. But even though he felt that he knew it was the right thing.

Because he is a Zhou and She is a Xiong, they would never have a future.

It was better to make things clear to his Young Miss in an early stage than hurt her deeper in the future.

_________________________________________