Chapter 17: Suck-up?

The moment they arrived at TIHS, Xiong Zhi quickly left the car and went in towards the junior's building. She did not even wait for Linfeng.

She was still mad. She was confused. She was frustrated.

She did not want to lash out to Linfeng. She felt that if she stay longer she could not restrain herself to tell Linfeng all the truth.

That they should be together and not wasted time.  No flirting with others.

She was very very frustrated. She wanted to hold Linfeng now, to tell him everything she wanted to say in her last lifetime. Her proclamation of love.

But somehow even without experience from this drama love, she knew if she blurted out all her feelings now, Linfeng might distance himself to her. She could see that whenever she tried to make a move (by staring at him and praising him) Linfeng was uncomfortable.

She was afraid that Linfeng might misunderstood her. And instead to love her like he did in the past, he might be guarded against her. She did not know what to do.

He's near...but seems so far away.

Arriving at her room, she put away these thoughts in the back of her mind. She had a goal to make today. She needed to focus.

________________________________

Lunch quickly came.

At the farthest corner, Gu Zhen sat on his usual spot. He was typing non-stop to his laptop.

Then he felt a shadow above him. He looked up and saw Xiong Zhi sat across from him.

He returned his gaze to his laptop and typed, without looking up he said,

"I thought you are giving me a year?"

He waited for a response. Not hearing anything he looked at Xiong Zhi.

Xiong Zhi was just sitting in front of him. Staring at him. He did the same. He stared at her.

Minutes passed, they stared each other unmoving.

Not far away, a girl with her lunch tray circled around their table many times like she was looking for something.

Xiong Zhi had enough of her staring. She tried very hard to look for something to praise at Gu Zhen's appearance.

Having finding nothing, she recalled Mr. Ji's sample to her.

She opened her mouth and looked at Gu Zhen's eyes.

Seeing that Xiong Zhi was about to say something serious, Gu Zhen's full attention was on her.

"Gu Zhen, you look handsome today."

A loud sound of glass breaking interrupted everyone in the cafeteria.

Xiong Zhi looked at the source, the girl nearby was standing between the break glasses of plates and food. The girl had a horrified look in her face.

Xiong Zhi recognized her. She was one of her classmate.

One of the cafeteria staff walked towards the girl. She checked if the girl's body was injured and talked to the stunned girl.

"Miss, are you okay, we will send you to the clinic right away." The staff really looked worried and troubled. But it was for her job. These rich students could fire them easily! She was afraid that she offended the rich student.

The girl shake her head.

"N-no. It's alright. My hand just slipped."

Xiong Zhi returned her attention back to the youth in front of him.