Thirteen: Co-Captain

The Weeknd- Blinding Lights 

"State. State. State. State!" the crowd is chanting. The team won and have made into the state championships. 

Scott told me he's going inside to get cleaned up. So, I'm going to get my skateboard from my locker and head over to the boy's locker room. This school is extra creepy at night. The scent surrounded me before I felt him coming up behind me. I sighed wondering when the hell these idiots are going to listen to me. 

"Derek, what the hell-" my question was cut short when I turned around to see Derek and another man standing behind me. 

"I'm sorry, Sky," he whispered. The other man grabbed me and the two of them began to push me towards the boy bathroom. 

"It's in your brother's best interest that you stay put, princess," the man whispered in my ear. 

"Personal space, sir. I have boundary issues," I whispered. 

"I know," he pushed me into the showers and put his index finger up to his lips telling me to keep quiet. I put my hands up in surrender letting him know I'm going to do just that. 

"Danny?" I shut my eyes tightly at the sound of Scott's voice. 

"Shit," I whispered to myself.

The man rolled a Lacrosse ball out into the lockers. I swallowed hard knowing that my idiot brother isn't going to just run away like a normal person. Derek stepped out into the middle of the showers. The man put his hand over my mouth gently to keep me from warning Scott as he walked by us to see Derek. 

"Oh," Scott's relief makes me want to take a Lacrosse stick and ram it right up Derek's ass. "Thank god. Where the hell have you been? Do you have any idea what's been going on?" 

The man pushed me forward. Scott only has a towel around his waist. This just gets better and better doesn't it?

"I really don't get Lacrosse," the man stated when Scott looked back at us. 

"It was you..." Scott tried to say something but the fear in his eyes when he saw me isn't going to make our situation any better. 

"When I was in high school, we played basketball. There's a real sport. Still, I read somewhere that Lacrosse comes from native American tribes that played it to resolve conflict. Do I have that right?" he asked me. I nodded. "Hmm. Well, I have a little conflict of my own to resolve, Scott. But I need your help to do it," 

"I'm not helping you kill people," Scott declined. 

"I don't want to kill all of them. Just the responsible ones and that doesn't have to include..." he paused and looked over at Derek. He removed his hand from my mouth and placed is on my shoulder. A clear warning in case I try to run. He has to be insane because there is no way I'm going to leave my brother here with him and Benedict Arnold over here. 

"Allison," Derek finished. Scott looked back at him with disbelief. 

"You're on his side? Are you forgetting the part where he killed your sister?" good points brother. 

"It was a mistake," Derek glanced over at me and the man. His eyes didn't meet mine. 

"What?" Scott asked appalled. 

"It happens," Derek insisted. Yeah, whoops. Sorry, Derek, I killed your sister. Totally understandable. 

"Scott, I think you're getting the wrong impression of us," the man stated letting me go. I stepped away from him and moved closer to my brother. "We really just want to help both of you reach your full potential,"