3.4: Unleashed

Ed Sheeran- Bad Habits

"Sky, we weren't expecting you tonight," Deaton walked out to greet me. 

"I just came to oil the chain on Scott's bike. Is he busy?" I asked. 

"I'll call him," he smiled. 

"Hey," Scott came out from the back room where Deaton keeps the strays. 

"I have the WD-forty," I informed him. 

"Uh, okay. Here," he handed me his keys. "I'll be out in a bit," 

"Sure," I nodded. 

I walked out to his bike out front and pulled the tools out of my backpack. He said his bike had been making a weird noise and I don't want him riding around like that. What kind of mechanic-type sister would I be if I let that happen? I opened up a high cone and tucked it under the bike to keep it lifted and popped the protective piece off. I started it up and revved it a little and finally heard it. I squeezed the brakes to make sure they don't make any weird sounds too. Everything else seems to be in order.  

"I didn't think I'd ever get the honor of seeing you work," I looked up at Dr. Deaton and smiled. I turned the bike off and waited for it to stop on its own. 

"Didn't know you wanted to," 

"Scott told me you were having a hard time controlling your instincts," he continued. I crouched preparing the WD-forty to apply it. 

"I was," I nodded. "I am," 

"I was under the impression that you and Scott were doing better," 

"We are," I looked up at him as I sprayed the chain generously. "It has nothing to do with how we get along," 

"What do you think it is?" he asked. I reached for a rag in my tool bag and pulled it out. I wiped some of the excess spray. 

"I don't know. Maybe my need to be independent? I can feel myself physically getting stronger than him. There are times he irritates me and I need to be away," I explained as I wiped my hands. He nodded. A car pulled up behind me.  

"McCall, what are you doing here?" the boy asked. I've seen him. He's one of Gideon's buddies. We actually have classes together and I still don't know what his name is. I know his gamer tag is SoldierXBot.

"Helping my brother with his bike," I pointed at it. 

"Sweet," his little dog jumped out of the car and waddled over to me. I bent down to scratch his belly. He instantly rolled over for me. "That's funny. He's never rolled over for strangers like that," 

"Scott and I have always been good with animals. Huh, cutie?" I cooed at his dog. His tail wagged a little faster. "Getting him vaccinated?" 

"Yeah," he nodded but he doesn't seem too happy about it. 

"Why don't you go inside? Scott will help you set up. I'll be there in a minute," Dr. Deaton smiled at him. 

"Thank you," he nodded, picking up his cute little dog, and went inside. 

"Do you have any questions for me?" he asked. 

"Peter and Derek said that females can be a little more than the males growing up," 

"They would know," he nodded. "Females usually are the more dominant ones in the Hale bloodline. If you have any concerns. Don't hesitate to come and ask or call," 

"Thank you. You and Ms. Morell have been really helpful. I'm just a stupid kid but if you ever need me for anything, I'd be happy to help. I'm also a very good listener,"