3.5: Frayed

ANIME AMV MIX- Running Up That Kill

The shaking of the bus is making me feel sick. My wounds combined with Scott's are really taking their toll on me. This isn't happening. There's no way this is happening right now. How did we let it get this far? Where did we go wrong?

"Hey, Scotty. You still with me?" Stiles snapped his fingers at Scott. They're both sitting in the seat behind me. 

"Yeah, sorry. What's the next word?" Scott finally took his eyes off of me. 

"Anachronism," 

"Something that exists outside of its normal time," Scott answered correctly. 

"Nice, okay next word. Incongruous," 

"Can you use it in a sentence?" 

"Yes, I can. It's completely incongruous that we're sitting in a bus right now, on our way to some stupid cross country meet after what just happened. Incongruous," Stiles looked over at me. I was the one who insisted we come. Ethan is here and so are Boyd and Isaac. He can hurt them. 

"Out of place. Ridiculous. Absurd," Scott rolled his eyes. 

"Perfect," Stiles nodded. "Okay, next. Darrach. Darrach, it's a noun," we both looked over at him with identical annoyed expressions."We have to talk about it sometimes, okay. And we're going to be stuck in this thing for like five hours. So, why not?" 

"Ass," I sighed pressing my back to the window behind me. I pulled my legs up trying not to move too much. 

"Fine, next word. Intransigent," 

"Stubborn. Obstinate," Scott answered. The bus hit a bump shaking the entire thing. I had to put my arm out to stop myself from sliding off the seat. Scott and I both groaned from the sudden movement. 

"Oh, buddy. You okay?" Stiles asked him and then looked over at me. I'm trying really hard not to put pressure on my wound. "We shouldn't have come. I knew it. We shouldn't have come," 

"We had to. There's safety in numbers," Scott repeated my earlier statement. 

"Yeah, well there's also death in numbers, okay? It's called a massacre, or bloodbath, Carnage, slaughter, butchery, wow. That's a-" I groaned in hopes that he'd shut the hell up. "All right, guys. I'm telling coach to pu-"

"No, no, no," Scott reached for him. "I'm alright," that's a total lie but I don't want to explain why we have the same massive wound, on the same side, at the same time. "I'm all right," 

"Well, you don't look all right and she's not all right. She's usually the one that makes the two of you all right. Would you at least let me see it?" he reached for him. 

"I'm okay," Scott stopped him. 

"Would you just let me see it?" Stiles pleaded. "Okay?" 

"Okay," Scott finally agreed. 

"Oh, dude," Stiles looked between us. 

"I know it's bad but it's because it's from an alpha," 

"It's going to take longer to heal," I agreed adding to his lie. There's something wrong with Scott.

"How come Boyd and Isaac are fine then?" he asked. 

Scott looked up at me with the same sad expression from earlier. "Sky, I'm sorry," 

"It wasn't your fault, Scott. Stop apologizing," I looked down at my knees. 

"I can't believe he's dead. I can't believe Derek's dead," he pressed. I closed my eyes feeling the ache in my chest. It hurts more than his stupid wound.