3.13: Anchors Pt. 2

Maroon 5- Animals

I jumped when my phone pinged letting me know I have a notification. I tapped on the screen to see it's a picture from Cora. She's taking a picture of herself with the view of Niagra Falls behind her. The singing faded. I don't want to pull the blanket away. I don't even want to move. I didn't sleep or move a muscle all night despite the aches in my shoulder and my hip. I didn't even make breakfast in the morning. I can barely move to get out of bed. This is not good. 

"Hey," Isaac greeted me. "I was going to ask-"

"You can take my bike today. G-man and I are going to the movies tonight. Fill her up," I tossed him my keys. "The other helmet is in the garage. That way you don't have to use the cat ears,"

"Thanks. You're the best," he smiled.

"Honey, you overslept and you didn't have dinner last night," mom intercepted me.

"I was up late last night going over the list of classes I want to take. They're going to open them up soon and I want to make sure I pick the right ones,"

"Maybe we can look at them together?" she offered. My phone pinged just in time.

"We'll talk about it later. Gideon's here,"

"Who's Gideon?" my dad asked, walking out of the kitchen.

"My boyfriend," I answered.

"Oh," he took a sip of his coffee.

"Bye, mom," I kissed her on the cheek and rushed out. I stopped before I got to the steps and turned back. "Bye, Raph. Have a good day,"

"You too," he smiled.

"I can't do this anymore," I announced when I met up with the others during lunch. "I'm going crazy. I haven't slept and my anxiety is higher than it's ever been. Even when I was mute. My back muscles are so tense they're sore. I'm sore all over,"

"We should go outside," Scott motioned me to follow. We all sat down in the fresh air. I took a deep breath and let it out slowly a couple of times as the others settled around the table. No matter how much I rotate my shoulders or my head, the tightness at the base of my neck just get worse and worse. 

"Okay, so what happens to a person who has a near-death experience and comes out of it seeing things?" Scott asked.

"And is unable to tell what's real or not?" Stiles asked.

"And is being haunted by demonic visions of their dead relatives," Allison added.

"They're all locked up cause they're insane," Isaac answered with confidence that should not be there.

"Ha. Can you at least try to be helpful, please?" Stiles glared at him.

"For half my childhood, I was locked in a freezer. So, being helpful is kind of a new thing for me,"

"Hey, dude. Are you still milking that?" Stiles asked sarcastically.

"Yeah, maybe I am still milking that," Isaac nodded.

"Hi," I looked up when she came out of nowhere. "Sorry, I couldn't help overhearing what you guys are talking about," she fiddled with her hands shyly. "And I think I actually know what you're talking about. There's a Tibetan word for it. It's called Bardo. It literally means in-between state. The state between life and death,"

"And what do they call you?" Lydia asked.

"Kira," Scott answered. Everyone looked over at him. "She's in out history class,"