3.16: Illuminated

Adrian Lux- Damaged

My dad is sitting on Sheriff Stilinski's desk trying to get our stories straight. The Sheriff is amused by all of this and I seriously just want to go home. 

"So, when did you get there?" my dad asked. 

"At the same time," Stiles answered. 

"At the same time as who?" 

"At the same time as me," Scott and I answered at the same time. 

"By coincidence?" 

"What do you mean coincidence?" Stiles asked. 

"That's what I'm asking you. The two of you arrived at the same time," 

"Three," I corrected. 

"Three, was that coincidence?" 

"Are you asking me?" Scott asked. 

"I think he's asking me," Stiles looked over at us. 

"He might be asking me," I interjected. 

"I think he's asking all of you," Lydia sighed. 

"Okay, let me answer the questions," my dad tried. We all sat back and let him continue to stumble over himself. "Let me ask the questions," he corrected himself. "Just so I have this absolutely clear. Barrow was hiding in the chemistry closet at the school. Someone left him a coded message on the blackboard telling him to kill Kira. Then Barrow took Kira to a power substation and tied her up with the intent of electrocuting her, which blacked out the entire town," 

"Sounds about right," Stiles confirmed. 

"How'd you know he'd take her to a power station?" my dad asked. 

"Well, because he was an electrical engineer. So, where else would he take her?" Stiles asked him. 

"That's one hell of a deduction there, Stiles," 

"Well, what can I say. I take after my pops. He is in law enforcement," he winked at the sheriff. The Sheriff is failing at holding back his laughter. He played it off as a cough. 

"Stiles, just, uh... just answer the man," he tried to sound stern. 

"We made a good guess," Stiles offered. 

"What were the two of you doing?" he asked Scott and Kira. 

"Eating sushi," 

"Eating pizza," they both said at the same time. They glanced at one another

"Eating pizza," 

"Eating sushi," they both tried again. Gideon cleared his throat trying not to laugh. 

"Eating sushi and pizza," they both finally clarified at the same exact time. 

"And you?" he asked me and Gideon. Mostly, just me. 

"Funeral," we both answered. 

"You believe this?" my dad asked the sheriff. 

"To be honest, I haven't believed a word that comes out of Stiles since he learned how to speak. But I think these kids found themselves in the right place at the right time and that girl sitting there is very lucky for it," 

"Kira, is that how you remember it?" he asked her. She looked between me and Scott. We all sat up straight looking at her. 

"Yes," she nodded nervously. "Could I get my phone back now?" 

"Sorry, but no," he stood up. We all followed as he handed Kira's phone over to a deputy. "Kira, a deputy is going to take you home but we'll need you to fill out some paperwork first," we all walked out of the office. "Scott, Sky," he stopped us from getting away. We both turned back to look at him. "I don't know why you guys are lying or why Stilinski is content to listen to this crap. But try to remember something. If half the story about Barrow is true, then not only did someone help set him loose but he's a pawn in their little game. A mass murderer is bad enough. A mass murderer being controlled by someone? Far worse,"