Chapter 35 : Silent Whisper

Start from the beginning

Pause....

"In India Arnav came to know the shocking truth that you are Pakhi, his childhood friend on the very same day when the news of your being missing reached in Raizada Mansion by your buaji.. Arnav himself confessed about his own deeds and the way he humiliated you publicly in front of his own family members. That was the same day, when Ratna Maa declared that Arnav is dead for her.." Payal stops hearing gasp from Khushi and shook her head..

"Hold yourself Khushi, it's nothing.. this is just the beginning...when the entire family was blaming him and after were busy searching you, Arnav secretly came out of RM... And he met with a brutal accident and got hospitalized.. There was no hope for his survival.. best team of doctors finally able to save him but Arnav slips into coma... though, further investigation revealed that it was not an accident but Arnav attempt suicide..." the entire time Payal was looking at Khushi and she easily got the clear picture of Khushi's inner turmoil...

Khushi sit in her place like a statue forgot to blink. Her whole mind got blank only one thought was replaying in her mind that is " Arnav tried to commit suicide.."

Few moments passed by but none of Payal or Khushi spoke a single words. Finally breaking the ice Payal put her hands on Khushi's hands which was almost frozen and silently whispered, " Khushi I know it's really unimaginable for you to hear the truth but make one thing very clear, whatever had happened with Arnav, you are nowhere to be blamed. This was never your fault."

Khushi as if jolted out from her frozen state and looked at Payal with her hazel orbs which holds pain, hurt and longing. And as if questioning Payal, "is she telling the truth?"

Payal slowly nodded her head as if sensing Khushi's silent plea.. "It was never your fault Khushi.. In fact you are the only person for whom Arnav came back to us, Arnav fought with death just because of the only desire to meet you once in his life time. Arnav attempted suicide because he was not strong enough to face the reality. Arnav wanted to escape from the cruel reality and the truth that he destroyed his own love and life with his bare hand, that he is the wrong doer here. Arnav was not strong enough Khushi after knowing the truth. He was a coward who thought to end his life and to get rid of his guilt. "

The more Payal was speaking Khushi's hold on Payal hands were increasing. Khushi could not uttered a single words and not a single tear drop escape from her eyes but her whole demeanour spoke the unbearable pain Khushi's heart and soul were feeling at that moment.

Payal slowly caressing Khushi's hair and said, " You may be wondering why I am telling you about Arnav's suicidal attempt when I says that you are nowhere responsible for it. Actually I am saying all this because of you only.."

The moment Payal finished Khushi snapped her head towards her direction and her hazel orbs asked the unasked question, " What are you talking about?"

" I am talking about YOU KHUSHI.... You are still there where Arnav had left you 6 years ago... I want you to liberate you from the pain which you were carrying in your heart since last 6 years. Apparently everyone thought that whatever stunt you did yesterday because you wanted to humiliate Arnav to get equal with him... But this is not the truth, right Khushi? For all this years, you had many question in your mind, which eventually had snatched your peace, make you question about yourself and your fate..."

Khushi looked at Payal surprisingly...

"You wanted to find out why every single person whom you loves dearly, just abandon you? Is not it Khushi? You once lost your father's love and restricted yourself not to get hurt again... but when Arnav slowly but steadily breaks the walls of your heart, you started to dream again but the very same man itself broke you into pieces.. You left alone with the question that why did not you get love? Why did not you become someone's priority? And that's the reason I am telling you about Arnav's suicidal attempt Khushi... that Arnav, the immature, arrogant, egoist, stupid boy whom you once loved with your all heart, has also loved you immensely... that he actually chooses you.. though his way was not right, but he chooses you.."