{Chapter 22}

The Mafia Leader Chapter 22: Hopefully, I still have it in me...
~~~~~

Savannah's pov:

Two weeks. It's been two weeks since Damien left and he was still there. Every day, Zach would come to the office and would stay with me the whole time.  Damien does call me at night to 'check' on me. I don't know why he was doing that but it seems like taking to me make him feel relieved.

Every morning, I still get creepy emails. It confused me more than scaring me. I thought about talking about it to Zach but then I thought maybe someone was playing a sick joke. They didn't hurt me or did anything that I have to take legal action against them.

I looked at the clock and it was 8 pm. Yesterday my bag's handle broke and I left it for repair to an old man down the street. His shop remains open till 11 o'clock. He did call me this morning to inform me that he repaired it.

I grabbed my phone and walked out of the office. I made a quick entry in Elijah's office.

"Hey, I'm going to get my bag," I informed him and he nodded.

"Be careful if you're walking." He said sternly and I nodded.

When I reached the ground floor, I was met with silence and darkness. Only the front lights were on. I made my way out and walked down the street. The shop was only 10 minutes away from the office.

The road was awfully dead and so was the street. I entered the shop and the old man came to me.

"Here." He said handing me the bag.

"Thank you, it looks new," I said and he chuckled.

"I tried my best." He said and I paid him. I left the shop and made my way to the office. Suddenly, it started to pour heavily. I hide under one of the shop's shelter as I didn't bring my umbrella with me.

I jumped when I heard a sound behind me. I turned around and saw that there was a small alley beside the shop. I peaked a little, trying to see what it was.

Maybe it was a cat?

It was dark and difficult for me to see anything. I jumped back when two men came out smirking at me. Their clothes were dirty and torn. They had a big bag with them and was looking up and down at me.

"Hello, what's a beautiful girl doing here?" One of them asked, coming closer to me. I back away, ignoring the rain pouring down on me.

"I'm just leaving," I said and turn on my heels to leave. I was already getting soak so why not walk in the rain. I managed to walk 4 steps ahead before one of them grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"We just met you and you're leaving." He said leaning close to my face and Ewww his breath.

"That's exactly why I'm leaving," I said pulling my arm from his grip.

"She's feisty, I like it." He said, informing the guy behind me.

Geez thanks.

He digs his dirty long nail in my suit and I clenched my fist. If they weren't going to leave me without a fight, so be it. My parents were fighters in their teenagers and they taught us a lot of their skills. Elijah and I used to fight in the same club mom and dad fought but we stopped when we started to work here.

Hopefully i still have it in me...

"Leave me, or I swear you will regret it," I warned them and they laughed.

"Right, bring the rope. We need to have some fun with her." He smirked and I raised an eyebrow.

I have a better definition of fun...

He pulled me to his side and started to lean in but I knee him where the sun doesn't shine. He groaned and when his grip loosens, I punch him right in the face. He fell back on his ass groaning. I looked up to the other one and he was shocked.

"Just because I'm a lady with heels doesn't mean I can't defend myself," I stated and he glared at me. He lunged at me and I ducked. I grabbed his arm, twisting it behind his back making him groaned. I pushed him on the ground but he wasn't done yet. He came back and I punch him on his face, making him stumble back and I broke my nail.

"You broke my nail." I hissed before kicking his leg. He knees down and I clenched my fist. Another punch and he was out. His friend woke up but didn't attack me.

"Savannah."

I turned around and saw Damien looking at me as if he saw a ghost. He looked behind me and walked closer.

"Are you okay?" He asked looking at me.

"I'm good, just broke a nail," I said and he chuckled.

He surprised me by wrapping his arm around my waist, pulling me in a warm hug. Despite being both wet from the rain, his warm, warm me. I let my arms wrapped around his torso, my head on his chest.

"I never thought that I would see this any day." He grinned and I chuckled.

We pulled away and I glanced at the guys on the ground.

"When did you come back?" I asked turning back to Damien.

"Two hours ago," he replied.

I was going to talk again when he interrupted me.

"How about we go in the car and talk? We might get sick standing in the rain." He suggested and I nodded. We made our way to his car and he opened the door for me.

"My clothes are wet, they will ruin your car," I said, looking at him.

"Nothing that can't be taken care of, hope in." He shrugged and I sighed. I sat down and he closed the door. He walked to the driver seat and sat down.

"Where are we going?" I asked as he started to drive.

"My place, we need to remove those wet clothes before we get sick."

A/N

Vote
Comment
Share
Follow
Love ya
;)
LovelyShifah