Chapter 8: I'm Sorry You're Such A Bitch

Start from the beginning

"What do you want Paige?" I asked her.

"An apology," she replied, looking at Shannon.

Shan shrugged. "Oh, well in that case I'm sorry you're such a bitch."

I damn well choked on the water I was drinking, trying not to laugh.

"Look around you, are you really going to outcast yourselves?"

This girl.

"Paige, I'm sorry, but you do know that the world doesn't revolve around whatever social bubble you've created for yourselves right?" I asked her.

"What about you two?" Shannon asked Sienna and Macy. "Are you going to speak or are you waiting for her command?"

Macy rolled her eyes.

"They're not wasting their breath on you Shannon," Paige said. "All I have to say, is play nice. You don't want to make an enemy out of me."

She walked away with the other two behind me.

"You only proved my point!" Shannon yelled after her and I laughed.

"I swear we're in a real-life making of mean girls," she said.

I chuckled. "Tell me about it."

"Enough of that," she said, her mood suddenly uplifting. "Tell me about your mom's new collection. Have you decided to do the photoshoot?"

"Yes," I responded. "Which reminds me, I would love for you to come. I need someone to keep me level when everyone drives me insane."

She chuckled. "Are you sure it'll be okay? I mean, your mom kinda scares me."

"She scares everyone, don't take it personally," I joked. "But I'm sure it'll be okay."

Shannon grinned. "Then say no more. A chance to actually meet Josh Martin? Count me in!"

"Yeah, let's see you keep up that same energy when he talks to you," I chuckled. "I agreed to do on a date with him."

"What?" she asked, surprised. "He asked you out? Damn Morgan, you work fast."

"Actually he does," I clarified. "I'll be honest, I'm not exactly looking forward to it."

"Then why did you say yes?"

Because I feel the stupid need to do what everyone else wants.

I sighed. "He has this whole contract with my mom's company and he's helping out with this. I don't know, I guess I was just trying to be nice and give him a chance."

Shan stared at me. "Morgan, sweetie, listen carefully. You. Do. Not. Have. To. Fucking. Please. Everyone."

I laughed. "I'll remember that Shannon."

"We both know you won't," she snickered. "But the good thing is you have me to remind you."

I let my head fall onto her shoulder. "What would I do without you?"

"I can't even begin to imagine," she laughed.

~~~~~~~~~

"Jean!" I called when I got home. I knew she'd be back from her studio session at that time.

No answer.

"JEAN!" I yelled louder.

"Jesus Morgan, what's the matter?" Maisie asked as she came down the stairs. She looked like she was on her way out.

"I'm looking for Jean," I told her.

"Here's an idea Einstein, why don't you go upstairs and look?" she told me.

I chuckled. "Because I'm lazy, duh. The first thing I do when I get home after a long day is collapse gracefully on the couch."

She rose an eyebrow. "Sweetie there is nothing graceful about you right now."

"Okay, someone's sassy today," I joked.

She rolled her eyes, a smile on her face. "Get up and go look for her upstairs like a rational person."

She slapped my legs of the couch and I reluctantly got up.

"I'll be back in a few hours. Dinner's in the fridge," she said.

"Ooh what are we having?" I asked.

"Frozen pizza," she deadpanned.

My face fell and she laughed.

"Don't stay up too late."

"I'm not a child anymore you know," I told her as she walked away.

"Mhmm, sure," she said while exiting.

I laughed softly at our banter before trudging up the stairs to look for my sister. I went to her room and knocked on the door, but I didn't hear anything from the inside. I opened the door and stepped into her incredibly spacious bedroom. I wonder why she got the biggest room when she's barely even home for weeks at a time like now. It looked like she was there though. The door to the adjoining bathroom was slightly ajar and I went and knocked on it.

"Jean?" I called, slowly stepping inside.

"Morgan!" she jumped, clearly startled by my presence. "Can't you knock?"

"Uh, you didn't hear me screaming from downstairs?" I asked.

Then I noticed something unusual. A bruise was forming on her chin.

"Gosh Jean, what happened?" I asked, immediately rushing over to her.

"Nothing big," she quickly said, turning to face her mirror. "I fell during dance rehearsal for my new video, it was a stupid accident."

"Are you sure that's what happened?" I questioned.

"Yeah," she said. "God Morgan if you're reading too much into this then the paparazzi probably will too. I've gotta cover this up."

"Maybe it's worth reading too much into," I defended.

"I'm fine," she said. "Really, it was just an accident."

She saw the look of uncertainty on my face and sighed, looking me in the eyes. "Morgan, nobody hurt me, I promise. It was just an accident."

"I just worry you know," I said.

She chuckled. "Last time I checked I was the older one. Now come on, let's go make some pasta or something."

"There's pizza in the fridge," I told her.

She rose her eyebrows. "You love pasta. You'd rather eat pizza over that?"

"No," I replied. "But I'd rather lay in the couch and watch tv."

She laughed. "Pizza and laziness it is then."

I smiled softly as I followed her downstairs, trying not to think too much about her bruise.

She said it was an accident, and she was fine.

So why didn't I completely believe her?