Chapter 1

Alina's POV:

I walk into school, not wanting to be here one bit.

I smile at my brother, Louis and his girlfriend, Eleanor.

They smile back and I walk farther into school, walking to my locker.

I walk past Niall Horan, our schools heartthrob.

He smirks at me and I roll my eyes. He thinks he's everything.

While all the girls are drooling at him, I despise him.

I open my locker and grab the things I need for my classes.

Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself.

My name is Alina Tomlinson. I'm 19 years old, and a senior at West Field High School. I don't have much friends, but I have a few. I am a shy person, and have been told I'm very innocent.

I slam my locker shut and start making my way down the hallway to my group of friends.

'Hey guys.' I smile, widely. Liam, Aphrodite, Louis, Eleanor, and Luke turn and smile back.

'What are you guys talking about?' I ask.

Eleanor rolls her eyes, 'Guys, I bet Alina would go into the Styles mansion.'

'The Styles mansion?' My eyes widen. The Styles mansion is one of the most haunted places in the world.

Harry Styles, and Zayn Malik were best friends. Until they were brutally murdered in the 1880's. The police never found out the murderer. No one goes into the Styles mansion because apparently when you walk in, you hear voices and see shadows. Harry is known as "The Boy In The Mirror" because people who have escaped have said they see him through mirrors.

Zayn Malik is known as "The Boy In The Dark" because the people who have escaped say they can't sleep without a light on because he's there, watching them. They, of course, go insane and then die of unknown causes.

People say you see "him" before you die. He's just standing there, waiting with you until you die.

I, of course, think it's all bullshit. I've never believed in ghosts or demons.

'Ya.' Louis, replies.

'What are you talking about, Eleanor? Of course Alina's too scared! She's scared of her own shadow, the dark!' Liam laughs.

I was afraid of the dark. But my own shadow?

'I am not.' I huff.

I was.

'Fine, I dare you to go into the Styles Mansion for six hours.' Liam dares.

'What? No!' I almost scream.

'Chicken.' Liam taunts.

'I am not! Fine! I'll go in. If Aphrodite comes.'

Aphrodite glares at me, 'Um, bitch, excuse me? Don't add me in Liam's dares.'

I smile sweetly, 'Sorry.'

Louis smirks, 'Fine. Both of you go.'

'Fine.' We both roll our eyes at the same time.

'When?'

'Nine.' Eleanor declares.

'You come with us!' Aphrodite says.

'No!' Louis says, wrapping his arms protectively around Eleanor.

'Fine. We'll go at nine.' I say.

'Good.' Liam, smirks.

See you then, darling.
---
Hi! I'm mrsmalik892 I am co-writing this story with Hope! We hope you guys all enjoy it. Alina is on the side. Remember to read our other book "The Princess Diaries". Thanks (: