Chapter 18

Sorry for like neglecting this story. I have my own books to write so it's quite hard to keep up, man.

Recap:

I hear a small growl behind me.

'You chose the wrong choice, Alina.'

Quote of the Chapter:

I want to shelter you, but with the beast inside there's nowhere we can hide.

Alina's POV:

I open my eyes to see the surroundings I've dreaded.

I take a step and hear the leaves crunch beneath me.

My hand tucks my hair behind my ear.

'Zayn, I know you're watching.'

The wind blows strongly.

'And I think I know why your mind is like this.'

Thunder crackles through the sky, almost like it was warning me.

Walking past the familiar sign I say, 'You're scared. You're scared of getting hurt. But you aren't as bad as you make yourself. It's a wall. But walls fall one day.'

Everything is still after I say that.

Did I hit a nerve?

Maybe I shouldn't have spoke my mind.

I look around at the buildings.

My eyes stop when I see Zayn standing by one.

'You think you're so fucking clever, Alina.' His voice booms.

'You think you know me. But you don't. But I know you Alina. I know you live with your brother, Louis and his girlfriend, Eleanor. I know you left your parents because they were raging alcoholics. I know that you put a blade to your wrist the first time when you were 15. At the age of 17 you attempted suicide. But failed when Louis came home to retrieve his wallet.'

My heart starts racing.

'I know you gave up hurting yourself for Louis at age 18. But you never did really stop, did you? Of course you didn't. Harry has seen you, darling. You do it on your thighs so no one will know. But, I know. I know more about you then you think. But what do you know about me? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.'

My eyes avert to the old cuts covering my wrists.

'Fuck you.'

'Oh, yeah. What else do I know? You lost your virginity at the age of 17 to Niall Horan. Regretted it right after because he left you. He only wanted your virginity. You thought he loved you. But he didn't. He wasn't different, Alina. That's why you hate him so much. That triggered you to attempt suicide.'

'Shut up!' I scream at him.

'Get your facts straight before making assumptions, dear.' He says angrily.

'Now, the fun shall begin.' He smirks as hands around me pop out of the ground, struggling to grab my legs.

——

Yes, that's why Alina hates Niall. Makes sense?