5.6

M05; STATUS

LOCATION;
VALENTINA'S APARTMENT

TARGET;
IN VALENTINA'S ROOM

MISSION;
ONGOING

C O N T I N U I N G . . .

THE
ADRENALINE

      DINNER TIME ROLLS around. While Taehyung was locked up in the room for the past two hours, Valentina spent that time cleaning the apartment and sorting out her thoughts. Cleaning is something she has always found cathartic. It helps her think properly.

The apartment, that hasn't been cleaned in weeks since Valentina hadn't had time to come to her apartment, looks clean to the core now. So is Valentina's mind. In past two hours, she has thought of how she's getting sidetracked during a mission, something that can cost her job and life. She's thought of how how she has no feelings for Taehyung, except for the lust that isn't exactly her fault. He's just way too hot for his own good.

Then, her thoughts manage to take a turn and fall upon Seokjin. Just the thought of his name's enough to make Valentina's heart ache, because since the first day she met him till today, he's been so, so good to her, nothing like she had expected him to be. And even if she doesn't want to admit it, she's starting to have a soft spot for Seokjin, which she knows is going to hurt her too in the end. But she also knows that no matter what happens, she has to do what is right, and the right thing is to complete her mission, just as she had planned.

After that, her thoughts travel to the person she doesn't really want to think about, her heart aching more than before. However, before she can go deeper into the thoughts, she shakes her head, as she washes her hands and makes her way to the couch, plopping down on it.

She lets out a sigh of relief. Working like this after a long time indeed proved to be cathartic as she finds herself drifting off to sleep, but before that can happen, she hears the sound of door being unlocked. She cranes her neck to look at Taehyung who walks out of the room, shutting the door behind him.

His hair is disheveled, like he had been running his hands through it. The thought threatens a blush to appear on Valentina's cheek as she's reminded of how she was the one running her fingers through his hair hours ago.

A cough brings her out of her reverie as she finds herself locking eyes with Taehyung, who tilts his head to side, a gesture that's way too attractive. Valentina looks away, feeling her face heating up.

"I'll... I'll be right back."

Valentina looks up at Taehyung's words. Her brows furrow and she sits up straighter on the couch, turning her body so she can look properly at Taehyung. "Where are you going?" She asks.

"I have to inform them of what happened. There's no way we can go out from your apartment to my house. It's. . .unsafe."

Valentina stands up at his words. "Well, then I'll go. You stay here."

Taehyung, who has been looking anywhere but at Valentina, turns to look at her sharply. "No."

"What do you mean no? You're injured, Taehyung. You can't go out like this."