2.5

M02; STATUS

LOCATION;

TARGET;

MISSION;
UNDER PROCESS.

O N H O L D . . .

THE
CALL

     "SO WHAT DID he want to talk about?"

Ayan looks up from the pan, still stirring the food he's cooking. Valentina sighs, throws her purse on the table, and falls backwards on the beanbag. Her arms are spread wide and her legs too, like a child, throwing a tantrum by lying on the floor.

"I'm so tired of this stupid mission. God, this mission is draining me so much. At this rate, my soul's gonna retire from my body," she says instead.

Ayan laughs at her exaggerated words, shaking his head. He's used to her whining like a baby once in a while. He turns off the stove, puts the delicious looking omelette in a plate. Assembling the toasts and omelette in a beautifully presentable way, he walks towards Valentina and places it on the table.

"Stop being a child, Valley, and eat this. Are you not getting enough sleep? You look like a zombie, due to your lovely eye bags and all," Ayan says, sitting on the couch.

"Ugh. Don't remind me of how bad I look."

Valentina sits up straighter upon the heavenly smell of food. Ayan has made her favourite omelette.

"What's the occasion, Takeshi? You rarely cook food anymore," Valentina ask, digging into the food.

"Can't a guy cook food for his best friend?" Ayan asks, flipping through channels on the television.

Valentina stops eating and gives him an are you serious look. "We both know that you rarely cook. And you're not that good of a friend either. So what's up?"

"Hey. Who's the one who brought you a whole tub of ice-cream when you were crying over that stupid boy in high school? Or the time when you dislocated your shoulder joint, who's the one that wrote all your homework? You ungrateful brat," Ayan says, offended.

Valentina can't help the laugh that bubbles out of her mouth. "You are so easy to annoy."

"Shut up," Ayan grumbles, focusing on the action movie playing on tv.

"But yeah. There's no friend like you," Valentina says, standing up from her spot. She starts making cute faces, trying to annoy her best friend more, because God knows Ayan hates this. She sits next to him and wraps her arm around his arm, poking his cheek.

Ayan does his best to ignore his best friend.

"You are the most amazing friend in the whole world, YanYan. Oh God, my yani is shoooo cute," Valentina says, her voice sickly sweet. She pinches his cheek as if he is a baby.

"Stop it," Ayan mutters, keeping his eyes on tv.

Valentina knows he's itching to hit her with a pillow on her head.