1.5

M01. STATUS

LOCATION;

TARGET;

MISSION;

O N H O L D . . .

T H E
R E P L A N N I N G

THE FAMILIAR SCENT OF CHOCOLATE fills Valentina's nose, heightening her olfactory senses and a wave of calmness washes over her. This smell always has a pacifying affect on her. This place has always been her safe haven and the owner of this place her confidante and best friend.

"Hey, where are you?" she asks loudly, her voice resonating around the room.

"I'm here, up in the attic," a faint voice speaks up.

Valentina's tensed mood changes within seconds upon hearing Ayan's voice. She makes her way up the attic to find her best friend hunched over something. Upon hearing the sound of her footsteps, Ayan turns to look back at her and gives her a toothy grin while wiping the sweat from his forehead.

"Valley, you look like death," he says.

"Oh shut up, you bastard. You look like shit," Valentina snaps back. Their way of greeting each other has not changed even after ten years of being best friends. Still the same insult each other upon seeing each other every single time.

Valentina walks further into the attic, where Ayan is. She notices that he is working on an old cassette player. Usual Ayan stuff. She shakes her head.

"Isn't this the same player you fixed last month?" Valentina asks, crouching down next to him.

"Yes, it is. But I kinda threw it out of the window because it wasn't working. It was an accident," Ayan explains, hurriedly.

"What?" Valentina sputters in disbelief, her eyes wide and her jaw hanging open. "How could it be an accident? You threw the player out of the window? Accidentally? You're kidding me, right?"

Ayan sighs. "I wish I was. But it is true."

"How?"

"I was placing it on the table near window in my room when it slipped out of my hand. The window was open," he answers, solemn and sad.

"No way. Oh my God, Ayan." Valentina can't stop the laugh that bubbles out of her mouth. She covers her mouth with her hand when Ayan gives her a dirty look. She can't believe her best friend is that much of an idiot.

"Shut up," Ayan mutters, his jaw clenched and hands balled into fist.

"What were you thinking?" Valentina ignores his angered state. It is unbelievable and quite comical that the ever so uptight and perfect Ayan broke his precious cassette player.

"Drop it, Valentina."

This shuts Valentina up because she can tell that something is wrong and it's giving Ayan a hard time. She feels guilt starting to seep into her bones. She should've noticed how angry he seemed.