4.4

M04; STATUS

LOCATION;
TAEHYUNG'S HOUSE

TARGET;
COOKING.

MISSION;
ONGOING

O N G O I N G . . .

THE
BREAKFAST

     VALENTINA FINDS HERSELF sitting opposite to a very indifferent Taehyung while Yoongi makes breakfast for them. Taehyung has been ignoring Valentina, or at least she feels like he is because he isn't even looking in her direction and only focusing on the phone in his hand. In fact, now that she thinks about it, he hasn't moved his gaze from the screen, not even for a second.

It's suspicious, she thinks. But before she can think more, Yoongi places a delicious looking cheese omelette in front of her, stealing her attention successfully.

"Wow. This looks tantalising. Thank you." Valentina digs into the breakfast, her appetite stronger than usual.

"You think so?" Yoongi asks, sitting down next to her after placing black coffee and French toast in front of Taehyung, who digs into the breakfast without much thought to his surrounding.

"Yeah," Valentina pauses to chew, "Jimin's omelettes got nothing on this. Don't tell him that, though."

Yoongi chuckles, his eyes crinkling softly around the corners. He, then, looks at Taehyung. "What are you doing, man?" He asks.

"Work."

Taehyung's one word answer annoys Valentina to no end, but apparently Yoongi's used to it as he simply nods and says nothing else. Valentina knows she shouldn't be getting annoyed because for fuck's sake, the guy only talked to her for the first time last night. Before that, all she received from him were curious glances, stoic stares, or glares.

But she thought they were getting somewhere last night. Something close to people who are comfortable in each other's company, something she desires and needs in order to make him slip up something, anything that'll help her.

"Why'd you stop eating?" Yoongi asks, breaking the trance Valentina had fallen into.

As she comes to present, she realises she had been, subconsciously, staring at Taehyung, who now looks at her, his head titled to side, an eyebrow raised, and his eyes glinting in badly concealed amusement.

Valentina looks away, clears her throat and gives Yoongi a small smile. "Nothing. I'm just. . . I'm just savouring the taste slowly, you know."

Yoongi looks at her as if he doesn't believe her but doesn't say a thing. Instead, he nods and goes back to eating his breakfast.

Valentina can feel Taehyung's gaze on her, but she keeps looking down and continues eating. She finishes the remaining breakfast within minutes because she's mortified that Taehyung caught her staring at him, and stands up. She picks up her plate and washes it under the sink, and then places it into the dish rack.

"I'll be in my room," she announces as she picks up her coffee mug and walks out of kitchen.

Half an hour later, she finds herself sitting on the couch, bored to death, the coffee gone cold on the table as she stares at the television screen, but her attention is elsewhere. Strangely enough, her thoughts are filled with what the other guys are up to, especially Seokjin.