3.6

M03; STATUS

LOCATION;
UNGWANG GARAGE,
SEOUL.

TARGET;

MISSION;

O N H O L D . . .

THE
DESPERATION

VALENTINA'S EYES ARE DROOPING, heavy with tiredness. The girl hasn't slept a wink in two days and it's taking a toll on her mind now as she looks up at the ceiling in a hazy state and hears someone's shout that sounds uncannily similar to Seokjin's soft voice.

"S-Seokjin," she croaks out, her throat parched. Her cheek hurts where that woman hit her. The bitch has nails like knives. The cut on Valentina's cheek stings and she lets out a few colourful profanities. She swears that once she's out of her, she'll make sure the bitch pays for ruining Valentina's precious cheek.

She hears a muffled shout again that sounds like Seokjin. It can't be him, she thinks, I'm definitely having auditory hallucinations due to sleep deprivation. But it hasn't been more than two days. It's not possible. Her eyes widen as another possibility comes to her mind.

Did they put any drugs in that fucking water bottle?

But it didn't taste funny, she reasons.

A tired sigh escapes her lips as she leans her head back on the top of back rest of chair and closes her eyes for a few minutes to rest her burning eyes. She's been way too alert since she was brought here, keeping her eyes open to notice even a single moment or ㅡ by luck ㅡ a chance to escape.

It's when Valentina's about to fall into the embrace of sleep, the sound of glass shattering jerks her awake, making her body and mind both alert and in fight or flight mode. With eyes as wide as two saucers, she sees one of the glass has been shattered to pieces and on its other side stands Jimin, his lips twisted into a smirk and a pistol in his hand. He's rocking a black eye and a busted lip, a look Valentina thinks suits a reckless person like him.

"Jimin! What the ㅡ How did you find me?" She asks, trying to stand up, forgetting that her hands and feet are tied to the stupid chair.

"Nice to see you too, princess," Jimin says and walks over to her. He untied her hands and then, her feet.

Valentina's wrists are bruised and they hurt as she massages her wrists, a hiss escaping her mouth. She stands up and the room spins, causing her to lose her balance and stagger backwards, crashing into Jimin's chest. He steadies her by her elbows.

"You okay, Valey?" He asks, concern lacing his voice.

Valentina nods and gulps, her throat parched. "We need to get out of here. Hurry."

Before they can move three steps, cold metal on Jimin's temple makes him stop.

"Not so fast."

Valentina halts, her heart beating faster than before. She slowly turns around to see the woman standing behind Jimin, aiming a gun at his head.

She smirks as Valentina looks from her face to Jimin's unreadable eyes. Valentina can't help the confusion that spreads like a wildfire in her mind when the woman's hand makes its way to Jimin's torso. What confuses her more than the woman's gesture is Jimin's reaction.