Now or Never

After school Iida went to meet Aizawa, as they walked out of school together Deku saw Iida and asked to speak to him. Iida's heart raced and as he recalled what he said to deku at lunch. A million questions flooded his mind. Does he hate me? Why am I so dumb? He is probably going to tell me he doesn't want me to talk to him.

"Iida, I- I guess I like you too"

"What do you mean, I'm pretty sure im not gay" Iida said bluntly. Iida looked up at Deku and saw tears pooling at the edges of his eyes, threatening to fall. Deku froze and his face contorted, he was obviously fighting back his tears, Iida pulled him into a hug as Deku began to cry.

"I'm sorry Midoriya, I'm not sure if I would be able to tell my family if I was gay. So I've been denying it" Iida confessed while fighting back tears, he couldnt break down now, not while Midoriya needed him.

Deku said nothing, but Iida knew he understood because he hugged Iida tighter. Iida buried his head and let go of all of his pent up emotions. Everything was going to be okay. His phone vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out as he and Deku separated themselves. It was a text from Bakugou.

Iida remembered he was supposed to meet Aizawa, he used his quirk to meet Aizawa as quickly as possible. When he arrived he was waiting with Yamada. They were hand in hand, talking about something, but 80Yamada's free hand was flailing wildly

"IN LOVE WITH DEKU" Yamada shouted. He had obviously lost control of his quirk revealing the topic of their conversation.

"Oh," Iida paused

Aizawa scowled and punched Yamada in the arm. Yamada simply hung his head and walked to what Iida could only assume was their car. Iida was fuming, not only at Aizawa for telling Yamada but with himself for trusting Aizawa in the first place. Iida had one thing to say to Aizawa

"I SHOULD HAVE NEVER TRUSTED YOU" Iida shouted. He'd never felt more betrayed in his life

"Iida, wait! It-"Aizawa was cut off by Iida shoving him and running past both Aizawa and Yamada. Once Iida was out of their sight he grabbed his phone to text Deku, the only one who checked on him during the Stain incident. Iida became lost in his thoughts as he walked back to his dorm. Deku was the only one who asked if he was okay, Deku noticed his distress. Deku was the only one who came to help him, Deku was the reason Iida was still alive. Iida pulled himself to reality and decided it was now or never.

Iida: Deku, can you meet me at my dorm.

Deku:Sure! and if you dont mind me asking,, why?

I: I'll tell you when you arrive, I just need to see you right now.

D:Okay! I'm coming

Iida threw his phone against his wall. Why did Aizawa tell Yamada? Why would Uraraka threaten to tell Deku? Why was Bakugou so kind? (even if it was in his own Bakugou way) Why did everything have to fall apart?

"Iida?"Deku asked , in the smallest whisper. Iida barely heard it and looked up for a second.

"Hey Deku, thanks for coming on short notice" Iida felt a weight press into his chest, all of his questions from throughout the day hammered down on him like a thousand nails in his heart. He couldn't breathe, he tried to calm himself but nothing he tried worked. Iida looked up frantically and saw Deku moving closer to him.

"It's okay Iida" Deku reassured. Iida hadn't noticed that his hands were shaking until Deku had grabbed one of them. The other hand was gently stroking Iida's hair. Deku sang quietly, one of Iida's favorite songs.

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine
You make me happy, when skies are grey
You'll never know dear, how much I love you
Please don't take my sunshine away

Iida hummed along, his shaking slowed as he melted into Deku's arms. He finally felt at peace.

"What you want me to come for" Deku asked sweetly

"I wanted toaskyouout" Iida slurred the end of the sentence

"Oh!" Deku looked at Iida with an expression Iida couldn't figure out "but you said you aren't gay"

"I don't know if i'm gay but i know I like you, I guess" He blurted out.

"Well, if you want to date me I'm fine with being your boyfriend!" Deku suggested

"Okay then. I guess we are boyfriends now." Iida chided

Deku leaned over and kissed Iida on the cheek, Iida immediately hid his face in his hands hiding his flushed red face. Deku pulled Iida's hands away from his face. Iida looked up at Deku's face and noticed he was also slightly red. Now or never Iida thought to himself.

He leaned closer to Deku and silently prayed, their lips collided, for a second Deku was completely frozen. Iida felt Deku's hand gently caress his neck and Deku kissed back. They were interrupted by Bakugou yelling in the Hallway

"GET BACK HERE, SHITTY HAIR!" he hollered

Iida and Deku locked eyes, Deku looked annoyed and disappointed. Together they decided to go see what was wrong and hopefully to stop Bakugou from getting expelled. 

853 words
This chapter is long because I'm gay and I don't want my babies to suffer for too long. This chapter is the last pre-written chapter so please bear with me if i update less