𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑

3rd POV

"You're taking her with you?" Carla asked as she moved around a spoon in the strew she was making. She peeked past her shoulder at her husband who carried their daughter in his arms. The man nodded his head, a smile forming on his lips when his daughter placed her small hands on either side of his face.

"Don't you think you should take Eren as well?" She gave him another question. She wouldn't want Eren to feel alone while Y/n was gone, the two were peas in a pot. Grisha glanced over to the dinner table where Eren sat, he was knocked out and drooled on the table as he slept.

"Father-daughter time, Y/n spends a lot of time with you...I would like some alone time with her." Telling his wife he kissed his daughter on the forehead and chuckled when she went to touch her forehead. Y/n was quite spoiled by her father. Carla smiled, though it faded away when she thought of more questions.

"Don't you think it'll be unprofessional of you to take Y/n with you? I mean... taking a five-year-old to someone's doctor's appointment? Surely she'll find it a bit boring." Grisha widened his eyes, the last time he checked children liked going to doctor appointments. But he already thought of this and answered Carla.

"Don't worry, I'm only taking her to a short appointment with a regular, it'll only last a while. I've already sent them a letter asking if it's alright with me bringing Y/n. They're fine with the idea. Since she's still five she can nap while I do my job." He said. In reality, he was going to drop Y/n off with an old friend of his but he knew Carla wouldn't like that idea. Maybe he'll tell her about this later...

-

"He tells me to get here early and he dares to be late..." Tapping their foot on the grass near a dirt path they crossed their arms on their chest and became impatient by the second.

"You call him all the way here for the kid and the kid hasn't shown up yet. You're wasting his time." A middle-aged man walked up to them with his hand in his pockets, an annoyed look in his eyes. The nameless person clicked their tongue and glared up at the man.

"Listen, it's not my fault their father decided to be late." And right on cue, the distant gallop of horses was heard. Slightly widening their eyes they shooed the man away. "Go back to where you're supposed to be standing. They can't know you're here." Waving their hand off they watched the man leave before they took their eyes on the path ahead. The path curved so they couldn't see them coming yet. After a minute or two of waiting a carriage pulled by horses came to a halt before them.

This person took a few steps back at how close they stood to the carriage. The one who lead the carriage was someone they didn't recognize, they assumed it was the owner of the carriage.

Shifting their eyes to the door they watch it open slowly. First came the familiar build of Grisha, he carried a small bag and swung it over his shoulder. Stepping onto the path he still faced the carriage as something else had his attention.

"Papa, where are we?"

Hearing a high pitch voice the person froze.

"We're at my friend's place, you'll still be here under their care until I'm finished with my patient. I'll come back for you and then we can spend the rest of the day together."