𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

3rd POV

"Sleep."

The little girl's eyes closed, falling asleep her body went limp. The old man gently had her sit back on the bench, with his hand he moved her h/c hair out of her face. She looked so peaceful, not a care in the world.

"Will you give it to her?" He said, his eyes went away from Y/n and onto the person who stood waiting. They sighed, walking back to them they placed a hand on Y/n. Their eyes rested on her, they weren't sure. Shifting their eyes away they grabbed the little girl into their arms, carrying her.

"I have no choice. I would prefer for her to live a long life, but this burden must be given down onto another." They said. Widening their eyes they realized what they said. Turning over to the old man they felt as if they worded it wrong. "Not like this is a burden! It was wonderful to find and meet you." They apologized to him.

"No worries. No matter the circumstances this will always be a burden for the next to come. That's why we must make the most of our lives. I too would want Y/n to live a life as she pleases, to find love and marry. To kin children of her own. But we must keep order within the walls, ten years will she serve her." The old man smiled at the sunset, a soft breeze went by.

Y/n slept in the person's arms, the others watching the sunset. For that second, the person felt...Normal. However, the sound of a horse was heard in the distance. Making the person pop out from their small trance. Y/n's father was near, did time go by that quick?

Looking behind them to see the old man along with the tall middle-aged man, they stared at the empty bench. They were gone now. They will never see the old man ever again.

A wagon pulled up, turning around the person lost all sense of feeling normal. Grisha stood there, fixing his glasses his eyes landed on his daughter. A smile formed. Walking over to them he reached out his arms, waiting for the person to hand over Y/n. Without hesitation, they gave Y/n back to her father. Grisha's smile went away when he shifted his attention to the person. He said their name.

"Was she well behaved?" He asked.

"As well behaved as a seven-year-old should be. Carla is a great mother, you're a better father than before." They mumbled back, crossing their arms on their chest. Grisha widens his eyes, a scowl appeared on his face.

"Would you not?! I regret what I did in the past, you know that."

"Yeah Yeah...Just don't forget." They rolled their eyes. Then they landed on Y/n. A pang of guilt hit them, a voice filled their mind, making them sigh and look at Grisha. "I'm sorry." They grumbled, their tone didn't sound apologetic at all. Grisha cocked his eyebrow.

"What for?"

"For everything."

-

"Y/n, you are okay?"

Stiffening up at the sudden voice the fifth-teen-year-old girl was brought back to reality. Relaxing she rubbed her eye before glancing at Eren. He rode beside her on his dark brown horse, Petra and Oluo riding on either side of them.

"I'm fine, just lost in thought." She smiled, holding h/n's reins she patted her horse. Thankfully in the past month, the two became friends. H/n no longer attacked Y/n.

Everyone in the Scout Regiment rode their horses waiting for the gate to open. Three days had passed from the last time, Mikasa came to her room each night to help her sleep. Y/n was well now, her eyes didn't hurt and she didn't feel tired. But because she finally got rest Y/n received another odd dream. This time it had her father in it. She didn't understand it, only that this dream was connected to the one she had before.