𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟑

3rd POV

"A-Armin! The fire! Your orders?!"

"Hurry up!"

Armin couldn't respond, his mind thought of what Bertholdt had told him.

"I can tell. You're standing there shaking so much, you can't do a damn thing."

Pursing his lips he looked over to Jean. "Can you take my place?" The others looked at Armin in shock. "I just have no idea...what to do...I was wrong reading Bertholdt, and look where it got us. Jean! You're better suited for this!" He yelled. Jean flinched, clenching his jaw he thought quickly.

"The river! Move to the river! Everyone aboard Eren! Conserve our gas!" Jean told them as they followed his orders. "Eren. At some point, we'll have to get Bertholdt's attention, but until then, don't let him see you." He said to him once everyone got onto Eren. He then switched his attention to Armin and he called his name. "I'm all right at reading situations, but I'm coming up empty with a plan to get us out of this. In the end, we're all counting on you." His blue eyes widened, gazing away in silence.

-

Y/n leaned against a wall, covering her mouth as she tried not to vomit from the dead feeling inside of her. They can't be dead, they can't be. Despite trying to reassure herself that she'd warned them and must've escaped once seeing Bertholdt enter Shiganshina, the environment around her reminded her of that day. The smell of blood filled her nostrils, the ground had shaken just like it did five years ago, and the destruction of Shiganshina with boulders killing the people she cared about.

Wasn't she over this trauma? She was sure of it, just like she was sure when Bertholdt had broken through Trost District. Come on, calm down! She shouted at herself.

Zeke glanced behind him, seeing the cart titan roll another boulder toward him. "Oh, leave it right there." He said through his titan. "Now that Bertholdt did his part, I can continue with my game." He grabbed one of the many with both hands and crushed it with his raw strength. "That first one was rather disappointing, far too high, don't you think?" He asked, but the cart titan had already taken its leave. "Well, the first pitch was a warm-up. I'm going for a perfect game!" Twisting his body he brought his hands behind his head to prepare the throw.

At the wall- Erwin spotted the movement and clicked his tongue. "Frontal bombardment! All troops, take over!" He shouted.

Y/n looked up, He's going to do it again?! On top of the building she stood at, she heard Levi yell out to the soldiers at the very front.

Dirk crawled, his leg twisted and broken. He was surrounded by bodies smashed under debris, titans still lurking around to scavenge those who survived. Though their survival meant nothing as Dirk saw the Beast Titan throw the rocks in his direction.

Hell broke loose again, more bodies rose to the air as rocks impaled them, and a mist of blood thickened to hide the destruction and death.

Erwin's breath hitched, speechless at the horrifying sight before him. And on the ground, the recruits flocked to the ground, as the ground shook around them. Floch moved his hands away from his ears and stuttered out, "It's that sound again! What the hell is it?!" A girl beside him said: "Does the enemy have cannons?!"

"If so, there's a hundred of 'em!" Another said. But Marlow, the only one who didn't cower to the ground, yelled out to the others. "Calm down! You're scaring the horses!" When he said so, Levi came to them just as Y/n ran over.