𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟒

3rd POV

  In a forest, multiple punching bags were tied up to tree branches. The sun shined down, past the green leaves, lighting up the foggy day. Grunts were heard, hard kicks being thrown at the punching bags, heavy breathing followed.

"Looking good, Annie!"

A man yelled out. The person kicking, Annie, continued. One kick after another, she controlled her breathing the best she could to continue training. Sweat ran down her face, her blonde hair up in a bun but her bangs were messy. She held her hands in fists, holding them close to her face.

"That's my girl!"

She stayed still, taking a couple of deep breaths.

"What are you doing? No breaks!"

The man yelled. After a second, Annie continued.

-

Opening her eyes slowly Annie lifted herself from the bed. The bright morning sun hit her back, she glanced out the large window her dorm room had. The room was spacious but rather messy, books thrown all over the place and clothes hanging everywhere. Although the room was messy, it meant the people who stayed there had an easy life.

It's inside Wall Sina, Eastern Walled City of Stohess District. Everyone here lived a quiet, calm, easy life.

"What? You hadn't heard? That titan kid and the main leadership have been summoned to the capital. They'll be coming through town today." A resident of Stohess said, speaking to another resident as they stood near an artificial lake.

"I see. Then I'm sure they'll end up dissected this time." The other said, crossing his arms on his chest. His friend laughed but went to correct him. "I heard it'll only be one of them. Apparently, the girl died during the expedition outside the walls. Ironic that she was eaten by her kind." He laughed. "I hope things work out, and that they seal the gate now." He added. Another man overheard, dropping his bag he trotted over to the two men.

"Did you say to seal the gate?"

"Huh?" Hearing someone speak to him the man turned around to face them. Suddenly he was grabbed by the shoulders. "You still insist on defiling the gods with human hands?" They yelled, he wore a golden necklace that had the goddesses, Maria, Rose, and Sina. "Defiling the tree goddesses with human hands is unforgivable!" He shouted, he had let go of the man and walked off. Gaining a crowd for himself.

The two men watched him, "Those people love the walls, and worship them as gods. Stay away from them." One of them said. There was an older fellow behind them, they clicked their tongue and turned around to face away from the nonsense. "I didn't realize any of them were still around." They said. The two men followed suit and walked away. The distant shouting of the worshipper still being heard.

"Only the walls will protect us!"

In the Military Police Stohess HQ, Annie walked down a flight of stairs. Dressed in her uniform and ready for the day. "You finally woke up. You look so scary when you sleep, I couldn't wake you. Sorry, Annie." A girl smirked, the new soldiers of the Military Police stood in a line against the wall. The girl being at the end, Annie went to stand next to her. A tall boy stood next to the girl, having a terrible haircut. That of a undercut/bowl-cut hairstyle.

"Lately, you've been too lax." He said. He didn't look at Annie though, he kept his eyes forward. The boy's and girl's names are Marlow and Hitch.

Hitch looked at Annie and saw the look in her eyes. "Are you mad?" She mewled. The blonde stayed quiet. Maybe Annie wasn't ready for the day, she seemed tired, even a bit exhausted. "Well, aren't you a friendly one?" Marlow breathed out.