𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐

3rd POV

  In the interior of Wall Rose where all the cadets were settled Marco looked down at Daz. The stressed-out Daz held onto Marco's uniform jacket. "Marco, I'm...I'm done for. I can't fight the titans anymore." He said. Tears on the edge of his eyes. Marco knitted his brows, feeling worried for Daz.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I saw my friends get devoured right before my eyes! I saw them get eaten alive and yet I felt no sorrow, no hatred...Only overwhelming relief that it wasn't me!" He yelled. Sasha sat near the commotion and glanced over at the boys. Daz brought his hands to his short hair and pulled at it. "But it's going to be my turn next. Now I understand. The true nature of this job is," A wagon passed them, inside of it were injured soldiers. Trainee Cadets and Garrison soldiers alike, covered in bandages. "We're going to have to fight titans until we are bitten to death. If I'm going to get devoured, I might as well just end my life now!"

Screaming he let go of his hair and reached for his blade. Already unsheathing it until Marco threw himself at Daz and held tight to his arms. Preventing him from taking his life.

"Stop it! Get a hold of yourself! You're not the only one. We're all fighting our fears!" Marco yelled. Looking past his shoulder he called out Sasha. "Just look at Sasha," Pulling Daz around Marco had him look at Sasha who jumped at hearing her name. "She remains a proud soldier, despite all she's been through!" The two stared at Sasha and it went silent.

"Ahhhh!" She yelled, holding her stomach she leaned forward in pain. A grimace expression on her face. "Um...I have really bad abdominal pain. So could you please count me as one of the wounded?" Sasha grunted. Exaggerating the little pain she felt.

Both Marco and Daz were bugged out at what she said. Marco lost his grip on Daz so he quickly took the chance to take out his blade again. "It's all over!" He screamed. Marco went ahead and held him back again. "Stop it!" He told Daz.

Jean watched them fight over the sharp blade, taking a large drink of his water. A bit spilled out of his mouth as he brought his arm up to wipe it off his chin.

"Yeah, I can see why they needed to put out that gag order. Just take a look at the situation they're already in now. If they knew about Y/n and Eren..." Jean held his hands in fists and slammed them on the table he sat at. Reiner and Annie stood near him as they leaned against a brick pillar.

Out of nowhere, a sudden light flashed, changing the color of the sky to a yellow-green for a second.

BOOM!

A loud explosion following after. Catching the attention of everyone as they all got on their toes. Jean stood up from his table and ran off to the pathway with Reiner and Annie following after him. They all looked over at where the explosion was heard, sweat rolling down their faces.

"Cannon fire?" A soldier asked.

"Why'd they fire just one shot?" Another went.

"Hey, look at the smoke! It's inside the wall!" One yelled out, pointing out the smoke that came from the interior of Wall Rose. Where they were all at. Hearing this Reiner ran over to see the smoke with Jean following him. "What the hell? Did they breach the inner wall gate?" Someone in the crowd murmured. Everyone began to fear what had happened.