16 - Treasure Mckyla

Dad's POV

The hot tears that left my eyes couldn't describe how hurt and angry I feel right now. The problem isn't that my daughter Ella Mae is in coma, the problem is that no one is certain when she will wake.
The doctor used that language.

"Let's just hope and pray on God, sometimes you could talk to her, she could hear"

I sat beside my daughter on her hospital bed as I shed tears of pain. Karen was crying out her eyes while Amara was trying to talk to Ella reminding her that she's the one with tears dripping down her face .

I couldn't even bring my self to talk to my half dead daughter, I couldn't stop the tears that came coming down my face, I couldn't believe any of this. I bury my face in my palms and let the tears flow freely.

I felt a hand on my shoulder slowly patting it, Bella bent to my position and gave me a hug.
"Hey hey calm down please, if you keep crying, whose gonna console those ones over there?" She asked referring to Karen and Amara.

I still couldn't stop the tears.

"Look on the bright side Mc, she's not dead, no one knows when she's gonna wake up, meaning she can wake up today, tomorrow or anything soon. Since she could hear us, we all need to do is talk to her from time to time, I'm sure she can recognize her loved ones, stop crying Mc, someone has to be strong please" she hugged me again, patting my shoulders. I nodded and hugged her back slowly.

I sat back beside my daughter and touched her hand which laid peacefully on the bed .

"Hey baby, I hope you can hear me, you're making us cry baby..." I try to hold back my tears.

"Ella, we are all here waiting for you to wake, remember me, consider your best friends, Consider Bella, we all care about you, we all love you so much and we are all waiting okay?" I said strongly.

"Yeah Ella, we are waiting, consider your beautiful baby girl, she waiting for you too" and with that, Amara burst into tears again in Karen'a arms.

*****

Two weeks later

We had brought the baby home, she had beautiful blue eyes like her mom, Karen saw a note Ella wrote which read....

"I will like to name my baby girl, Treasure, after my mom."

And with that we named the beautiful baby girl , Treasure McKayla.
I could not do much coz to be sincere I know not much about babies. And to my shock, Bella took a leave at work to take care of the baby for the next six months.

I couldn't fathom such love and care one could have for someone else who isn't her family , I saw that level of love from Bella.
She feeds and treats Treasure like her own baby .

Bella and her daughters were practically now living here coz most of the time they were with me in the house.
Anyway Treasure wasn't a stubborn baby, she falls asleep immediately after her meal, and chuckles and plays a lot so catering for her wasn't much a problem.

Karen's  POV

I felt burdened and very unhappy, Amara and I had a fight in school, we aren't talking at the moment and it made me feel so bad , but I'm the last person who knows how to apologize. The only person who settles differences between my sister and I was Karen. After school was over , I drove straight to the hospital to talk to Ella Mae .

I walked into the room and she was laying peacefully on the bed as usual in a light blue gown.
I lay my bag on the floor and sat beside her as I heave a sigh.

"Hey Ella, how you doing baby girl?" I smile dryly.

"I know you missing my troubles a lot, why don't you wake up let's continue from we're we stopped" I chuckle dryly and heave a sigh again. And then everything came flooding back to me and I bury my face in her belly and cry.

"Ella, Amara and I quarreled, and you are the only that settles us, why don't you wake up now please?" I say between muffled cries." I sniffed .

"Ella you know I'm the last person that knows how to apologize, how do I make this up without you Ella ? How ? Just wake up already it's been two weeks" and with that I cry again on her body.

" hey sis" I sniffed and look up to see Amara standing at the door, giving me a smile!