9 • whose responsible??

"Do you want to start talking or you want me to make you?" My dad glared at me. I look over to Karen and then to Amara. Neither is helping. I felt the tears at the brick of my eyes.

"Dad I'm sorry." I say quietly.

"For what exactly?" He asked calmly but angrily.

"Ella mae, those words are the last thing I want to hear" he dug his hand into his hair angrily.

"Have I not tried? I try to be a good dad and a good mom at the same time. I give you time, I provide you with everything you want."

"Where did I do wrong, Ella?" He asked calmly. I try to clean my tears but it pours down.

"Dad, I didn't mea...."

"Whose responsible?" He asks quietly.

"Karen, Amara? What the hell happened? You guys are her best friends. " My dad yelled.

"Dad I'm sorry" I choke on my tears.

"You know what, I can't deal with you now". And with that, he picked up his jacket and left the house. I fell on Karen's shoulder as i cry. Amara rubs my back.

"Calm down, Ella, just calm down"

--------

I drag myself from the couch where I have been waiting for my dad. This is almost 10:00pm and he's not home yet. He has never been out late before. I go into the kitchen to heat up dinner, it's getting cold already.

I heat up the food and set up the table and just then, dad strolls in, hanging his jacket at the stand.

"Hey dad" he doesn't say a word to me.

"Dad dinner is ready" he ignores me and moves upstairs. I face palm myself and let the tears fall again.

What the hell did I get myself into. I decide to wait in the living room to see if he's gonna show up later. Karen and Amara had left later to make dinner for their mom whom will soon be back. I was left alone with my dad whose giving me the silent treatment.

It's already 11:30pm, he hasn't showed up. I go upstairs to his room I knock on his door

"Dad?" I knock again.

"Dad its me, I'm coming in" I hold the door knob and press it but it doesn't open. I try again and realize he locked the door.

I heave a sigh and rest my head on his door.

°Dad's pov °

I lay on my bed as i couldn't hold up the tears in my eyes. I couldn't bear the pain. I wish Valerie was here, I wish my lovely wife, Valerie was here. All this wouldn't have happened.

Right on her sick bed, I promised her i will do everything to take care of Ella, I promised not to allow her go astray. I tried.

I fucking tired. I gave her my time any time she needed it, she needed someone to talk to, I was there. She needed love, i give her double of it. I provide her with everything she needs and more. I made sure she didn't lack any single damn thing

Where did I go wrong? Now my baby has a living being growing inside of her. I allowed her to go astray. I broke the promise.

"Dad I'm sorry" I hear her sobs from outside the door.

"I'm so sorry dad, I don't know how it happened I swear"

"Dad please say something. You are all I have, you can't stop talking to me".

"Please dad" I hear her break down and she cries loudly. I wipe the tear that leaves my eyes.

°°°°°

°Ella Mae°

I pull myself from the floor where I have been crying and begging my Dad. I wipe my tears and I go into my room. I open my door and I see Karen and Amara on my bed.

They look up to see me and they both stand. I look at them and fake a smile but it's hard. They both smile at me and I break down and start crying. They come around and wrap me in a hug.

"Let it all out EA, you'll feel better"

I sob loudly on their shoulders.

"Dad's not talking to me" I said admist my cries as I hold them tightly.

"Don't worry EM, he will come around".

They both help me as i sit. "You need to sleep Ella, it's late".

"Please don't go until I sleep" I plead with them.

"We not going anywhere, EM, go ahead" Amara pats my back.

I wipe my tears as I lay down quietly and feel my eyes get heavy.

*****

I walk out my room with heavy eyes, and unusually dad didn't yell my name from downstairs. I went to his room to see it's empty.

"Dad!" I call as I go downstairs, I look around to see the house is empty. Yeah, I thought as much. Dad has gone to work without waking me. I usually wake late as a normal human but now I'm pregnant, I'm worse.

I can't believe I'm pregnant. I rub my belly lightly as I sigh and remember the words of the doctor.

"You are already past a month pregnant Ella, it's gonna be dangerous to abort Incase you thinking of it. "

"One more thing Mr. Mc, your daughter's needs to register for ante - natal. It's gonna be useful".

"Stop lazing around Ella mae, you are already late for school. " I heard Amara's voice blare through the house. Next thing I see, Karen is dragging my hand through the stairs.

"You can't just wake in the morning and wander around when you have school, you mosquito" Karen yelled as she dragged me upstairs.

"Karen you might want to take it easy, she's preg" Amara said. I rolled my eyes.

I sat on the bed as Karen went through my closet and Amara went to get something to eat, again through the window.

"My dad left without waking me" I said quietly, staring into space, trying to fight the tears in my eyes. Karen sighs as she sits beside me, touching my shoulder.

"Look Ella, you don't just expect your dad to embrace the fact that you got pregnant just like that"

"You want me to be honest with you?" She smiled at me while i nodded.

"You fucked up, you fucking fucked up Ella mae, you disobeyed your dad and you deserve a slap on the cheek. You shouldn't have gone to that party, you shouldn't have gotten drunk, you fucking shouldn't have gone to his bedroom. But you know what,its happened. And you can't do anything about it. You should get up and go to school and cheer up coz it's normal that your dad is angry but eventually he's gonna come around soon okay?" She smiled at me as I try to wipe my already teared filled eyes as I force a smile on my face.

"Okay" .

"Good That's my girl, now come put these on, we have a bone to pick with Seth"

-------

Please lovelies, do not forget to tap that pretty little star over there.

Love u all, till next time❤️❤️