2 • Karma's a bitch

"hey EA..." Karen scrunches her face. "oh why do you have a hard time brushing your hair and just preferring to tie it into a bun. Why are you this lazy?" Karen said as her and Amara climbed in from the window. I dunno why it's so hard for them to come in through the door.

This is how you know future criminals.

"First of all Karen, don't call me EA, for Christ sake it doesn't sync at all" I said rolling my eyes at her.

"Oh shut up young lady, you don't expect me to strain myself always calling you Ella Mae, That's too much work" she slumped on my bed while I throw my long hair into a bun.

"Now tell me whose the lazy one here?" I ask folding my hands and looking at her.

"Oh it's still you, who in the world is lazy to brush her own hair, you might as well shave it off" she stated.

I put my finger on my lips. "Wow I didn't think of that, I think that's a good idea"

"Oh no don't try that or else you are banned from being our best friend, Em" Amara said.

"And you too have an initial to call me too" I roll my eyes and she grinned.

"What's even the meaning of EA, that's not even my name initials." I ask.

"It's the E at the beginning of Ella and the A at the end of Ella" karen grinned.

" And EM is the E at the beginning of Ella, and the M in Mae, more reasonable right?" Amara grinned.

I looked at her with that "really?" Face.

"Are you being serious right now?"

"Oh yeah" she shouted in that duh tone.

"Whatever  " I said, going over to my chair and picking up my bag.

"And you didn't make breakfast right?" Karen asked with that hopeful expression that I did.

"Nahh"

"Okay I'm not gonna eat your dad's horrible food, let's go to my house and eat" she said dragging me down that stairs and throwing a "good morning Mr. Mc" before we sprint to their house next door by the left.

"Mommy we can't deal with Mr. MC's horrible food so we came over to eat" Karen yelled

I could hear Mrs. Stan's laugh from the stairs.

"Good morning Bella" I smiled.

"Good morning darling" she smiled at me

"Get food for yourselves in the kitchen, sweeties, I'm off to work" she yelled as she left through the door and entered her expensive car.

                               ++++

I walk through the class hurriedly, I'm so late for math, and to say that my math teacher is wicked is a very huge understatement. I sigh heavily as I hold the door knob leading to  the class and open it as silently as i can but the door makes the greatest noise ever.

Geez thanks karma.

And as usual all eyes fall on me including the big scary eyes of Mrs. Garts our math teacher which is hidden behind a big pair of glasses.

"Miss. McKayla I won't ask you why you are late to class coz as usual and stupid you children are, you will give me a flimsy excuse, so detention, now!" She yelled at me and I closed the door as I leave.

The wicked old witch didn't allow me say a word. See! See how kind she is. I roll my eyes and walk down the hall.

I walk into the detention class and there is one student there, the hottest and most popular boy in the school.

Placid Luther.

He's the best in basket ball in the school and the number one play boy. And as usual every girl swoops over him because he is damn handsome and well built.

But not more handsome than my Seth.

That's just me saying.

He looks over to me and smirks while I just smiled awkwardly and sat down two seats in front of him.

"And look whose here, the girl who has the hugest crush on Seth" he says and I look back to see him grinning at me.

I glare at him and return to my now opened book. He doesn't haven't spell it out to me that everyone, well everyone even Seth himself knows I have a crush on him.

"How in the world can you have a crush on Seth when I'm around,  like every girl who is in her right senses crush on me" I roll my eyes.

Cocky much?

"You and I know I'm better that Seth everywhere, I'm obviously more handsome, more popular, more refined, more good looking"

You know what, Ella Mae? Just give him the silent treatment..

I shut my mouth as I hear him ramble on and on. This guy seriously has no shame.

"Mr. Luther please we are here to learn from our mistakes of not listening or being late to class" as he eyes me and what I wrote as my reason in the paper.

"... and not talking, please be quiet" the teacher, Mr. Bucks says to Placid with a rather pleading expression. And then thankfully, Placid shuts his mouth up.

Thank you Jesus.

"How was your day Sweetie?"my dad called as I entered the door. I sigh, closing my eyes for a minute.

"Apart from the fact that Mrs. Garts, our wicked and heartless math teacher sent me to detention, and I had to sit there with the most cocky and stupid jerk of all times, it was fine" I say dropping my bag and slumping on the couch across him.

"Who? Seth?" My dad raised his eyebrows.

"What? Dad, no. Seth is not a jerk, he is infact the sweetest guy I know"

"Says the girl who has the hugest crush on him, of course you will say good things about him" my dad says and rolls his eyes.

"Whatever dad" I pick up my bag and move to the stairs.

"I made food sweetie" my dad called out to me.

"No no and no, I will just order pizza" I said and he laughed.